THIRTY-TWO

Important A/N at the end of the chapter!!

Victor's POV

***

None of us reacted well to the news of Sang's coma.

But we have our orders. We have to finish the mission.

Kota explained to us that this would be the best way to go. The doctor predicted she would be asleep for another week and we don't want her to wake up to this mess.

Kayli, or Volto or whatever you want to call her, created a huge mess when she took down the leader. She swears up and down that it's an organized mess, though. Maybe she's right.

I never would've guessed that Kayli would be a member of the Academy. Maybe that means she better than me. Regardless, she went undercover for over a year. I can't imagine how horrible that must be for her. I hate going undercover for just a week. A year seems impossible. I don't like Kayli, but I have to respect her and her skills. Besides, I don't think I ever knew the real Kayli, just the Kayli that needed to cut ties with everyone so she could disappear for a year.

Wil's been spending as much time as possible with her. We're all pretty busy though. When we aren't busy, we're with Sang.

I'm kind of surprised that we aren't all over Sang right now, overcome with grief. I mean, I'm worried, but at the same time, I'm not. Sang is the strongest person I have ever met. A coma can't keep her down. Grief is for the dead. And Sang isn't going to die for a long time, that much I know.

So we visit her when we can, work when we can't. Trusting that Sang can overcome this.

"Report," Mr. Blackbourne orders curtly, his steel eyes looking over each of us.

"The freed captives are all receiving treatment and being evaluated. Most of them will need therapy, the question now is how extensive," Sean says first, unusually solemn.

"The ring's navy has been disbanded and taken into custody. The interrogation process will continue. The boats are at a warehouse for the time being," Silas announces.

"The interrogation process is going well!" Raven adds gleefully. "They're singing like girls!"

"Birds," Corey corrects.

"Same."

"Their alpha team is causing some problems, but we were able to take down the gamma team with ease," Nathan says, bringing the group back on track. "It's only a matter of time before they realize there's nowhere else for them to go."

"Corey and I have hit a wall with their mainframe. The coding is incredibly advanced," I admit.

"Too bad Sang isn't here," Corey murmurs.

"Yeah, she was even able to hack—," I start before getting cut off by North saying, "Yeah, yeah. We all know what Sang hacked, but she isn't here now, is she?"