EIGHT

This is an extra long chapter because lilsweetheart195 asked so nicely!

I am looking for an editor/beta reader! So PM me or comment or do something to let me know if you would be open to reading and doing a bit of editing on my chapters before they get published!

Enjoy and thank you for reading!

I hear footsteps crunch on the gravel as the boys begin to make their way closer

I hear footsteps crunch on the gravel as the boys begin to make their way closer. A smoky smell, like woodsmoke, envelops the boy closest to me.

"My name is Axel," He tells me in a smooth and elegant voice.

Axel moves aside and another man, smelling of coffee, approaches me. "My name is Marc, darling."

A third, smelling of cinnamon and spice, announces in a sharp tone, "My name is Kevin."

Soon, I know the names of all sixteen of the boys and their smell and voice so I can identify them with ease. Ducking my head, I allow a grin to spread across my face, delighted in how much thought they are already putting into making sure I am comfortable.

Marc opens the door and I enter the safe house with them. Mostly on instinct, I remove my slip-on shoes and feel the cool, hardwood floor under my bare feet. The boys are talking amongst each other as they enter. From the way their voices echo, I can tell that the room is large. There are some blind people that are able to navigate by sound, by echolocation, but I am not able to. However, I can tell the difference between a small space and a large space. This is a huge room.

"Come with me," Victor directs, gently taking my wrist with his slender fingers that would be perfect for playing the piano.

I count my steps in my mind, as I always do, and we enter a new room, one with carpeting. I bump into a small table and the boys instantly heap apologies on me.

"Are you okay, Sang?!"

"Victor! You should've been leading Sang Baby better than that!"

I clamp my hands over my ears as their shouts increase in number and volume.

The ocean scent of Silas comforts me as the giant envelops me in a hug, pulling me close. I am struck by how huge he is and the muscles that I feel beneath his shirt. I can feel the vibrations in his chest as he speaks gently, telling the other boys to speak in the same manner. Hesitantly, I remove my hands from my ears and pull away from Silas.

"I'm fine," I tell them. "I bump into things often. I don't want you guys to start shouting every time I make a mistake, though."

"Sang," Brandon sighs. "No one was annoyed at you for making a mistake. We were worried."

"So you hurt my ears because you were worried?" I question, deeply confused.

"Not exactly," Luke laughs. "Don't worry Cupcake, we'll be quieter when we talk around you."