TWENTY-ONE

Sorry it took me so long to update! I had terrible writer's block, but I sat down and planned out the entire plot the other day so that shouldn't happen again.

Enjoy and thank you for your patience!

|KEVIN|

I wait as Sean and Kota discuss strategy. I definitely understand their desire to win, but I feel like they completely forgot that this is just a game. At least Sang is happy, right?

I look over at her and see that she still has her bandana on. Without even thinking, I reach out and slip it off of her head. Her beautiful, swirling eyes are sharp. They aren't glazed over or milky like the eyes of most people who suffer from blindness. Sang's eyes move towards my direction as she speaks, but it is obvious that she can't focus her eyes on me.

"Why'd you take the bandana off?" She asks softly.

I shrug before remembering she can't see it.

"No reason," I lie.

I wanted to see her eyes, as stupid and cringey as that sounds.

Stiffening slightly, I turn away from her and force myself to walk away without saying anything more. It was only a year ago that I was in love with someone else. I already feel too much for Sang and I can't start anything with her. Not now, at least. Not when I am still getting over Mindy. That wouldn't be fair to Sang.

Fingering the gun that hangs from my vest, I wait patiently as my brothers figure out our strategy. Sang contributes every now and then, but she remains quiet and thoughtful for the majority of the time. Looking over at the other team, I see that they are doing the same.

Wait.

Where's Luke?

My eyebrows furrow and I scan the room until I spot a familiar head of blond hair as Luke sneaks closer to our group.

"Hey!" I boom, drawing the attention of everyone, including Luke. "Luke, get back to your group!"

Luke offers us a sheepish grin and a shrug of his shoulders before heading back to his group.

"Thanks," Sang says in her sweet voice, startling me.

I whirl around and see her standing behind me.

"Darling, you can't just sneak up on people like that," I tell her with a slight grin.

Sang laughs lightly, a beautiful sound.

"Kevin, I'm sorry for scaring you," She replies, a twinge of mischief to her voice. "But thank you for noticing Luke. I'm not sure how I didn't."

"You can't expect to be perfect all the time," I snort. "Besides, Luke is really good at sneaking. I'm honestly surprised that I noticed him."