We Ship It

(Logan's POV)

I am supposed to go to the festival today with Patton, but I had no desire to go.  Honestly, I wish I had work, but I got the day off so I had no excuse not to go.   The greenhouse hired more people, so I had less shifts there, which resulted in me taking more time at the library.  I didn't mind because I enjoyed the work and Patton keeps it from getting too repetitive.  I'd lost interest in soul mates; the challenge would be interesting, but the fruition of the search seemed pointless.  Patton had become the only reason that I am still going to this pointless gathering of people who decide to undertake a series of frivolous activities with no clear reward except for maybe a stuffed toy.  I felt that I needed to apologize for the exchange between us yesterday.  

I got up a made a small pot of coffee for Virgil and I, changing while it brewed.  I'd decided on something less formal for the festival and settled on a grey button up and jeans, debating on a tie before deciding against it.  I poured the glasses and made Virgil's coffee before waking him up.   The man turned into a demon in the morning and rarely actually gets up unless there is coffee on the table.  He was never pleasant to wake up and had given me 'the bird' on multiple occasions, but today he simply groaned and covered his head with a pillow.

I sat at the table with my coffee and my copy of The Da Vinci Code.  A few minutes later I looked up to see Virgil emerging from his room, purple hair a mess and his hoodie drowning him.  I don't understand why he wears it so much.  I understand that our bodies adapt to our environment, but it was still Florida in early summer, and it does get quite warm.  

"Morning," I muttered, and he grabbed his coffee lazily glaring at me.  

"Why am I awake again?"  he said groggily.  I sighed and closed my book, leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms.

"Because you and Roman are coming to the festival with Patton and I today," he squinted at me, somewhere between confused and annoyed.

"Yeah, but why?" he whined.

"Because he is your soulmate and it is a good opportunity for you to get to know each other,"  he stared at me blankly.  "As preposterous as soul mates are, you are stuck with him for the rest of your life, so the more positive associations you make with him, the easier it will be to come to terms with it,"  He raked both of his hands through his hair, and put his head down in his arms on the table.  When he spoke his voice was slightly muffled from being trapped in his sleeves.

"So me and Roman are crashing you and Patton's date to get to know each other even though we're soulmates and we are destined to enjoy each others' company?" he looked up at me from his arms, raising his eyebrows.  

I groaned and rolled my eyes.  "Roman and I, not me and Roman.  And it's not a date"  I rubbed my eyes behind my glasses.  "You know I feel that dating is pointless when all that matters is one person.  Patton is simply joining me at an event which he already planned on going to, and helping me find the person I'm actually supposed to spend my time with,"  Virgil has been doing this ever since I met Patton last week.  Making ridiculous remarks about Patton and I.

"Sure pal, sure.  Meet a guy, he invites you to an event, spends the entire week with you after he gets off of work, has his own spot behind your desk, and you dressed up for him.... for your date,"  I raised an eyebrow, confused. 

"I'm not dressed up." I stated.

"Oh, please.  Any other day you have off you'd be in your pajama pants and a Doctor Who shirt or something.  Any day you don't have off, you're in a tie and dress pants.  You look normal for him.  I'm surprised you even own jeans,"  he said to me, smirking.