Chapter 19

It had been three days since Klaus decided he wanted to take me on a little get away from all the drama we've been put through lately and three days since we had made a last minute plan incase of an unexpected attack.

At the moment I was sat on my bed watching Klaus as he packed up some of my clothes, he had said not even ten minutes beforehand that he didn't want me to tire myself put by overworking, of course I did nothing to object, packing clothes really isn't as fun as some make it out to be.

"Are you excited love?" Klaus murmurred from his spot at the bottom of my closet.

A small smile broke out on my face as I stared at his delicately muscled back, "I can't wait. Thank you, for this." I whispered back as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the quiet comfort I got from his prescence.

A few hours later we were all packed and on our way to Elena's family cabin to begin our small holiday.

I wanted this small vacation to be peaceful and romantic but before any of that could happen Klaus and I had some very important things to talk about.

We finally reached the small cabin around an hour and a half later and immediately got settled in. 

The front room was big and spacious with neutral colours such as white and brown making it look like a traditional, homey cabin and I couldn't wait to stay here for the next few nights.

"So...what d'you think?" Klaus asked, I could hear the smile in his voice as he came behind me to wrap his arms around my waist.

I smiled giddily internally at the romantic gesture, happy that we were able to somewhat at like a normal couple.

"I love it, I really do!" I replied enthusiastically.

Klaus placed a delicate kiss to my neck before whispering in my ear, "I'm glad."

Spinning me around I barely had time to take an unneeded breathe before Klaus had placed his lips soflty on mine, almost hesistantly. His hesistance slowly diminished as I kissed back putting everything I possibly could into it and showing him how much I really did want to be there, with him, more than he actually realised.

His hands slipped up my sides making my stomache erupt with, I suppose you could say undead butterflies, and another bloody smile appeared on my lips as he growled out his pleasure as I bit roughly on his bottom lip before sucking it into my mouth.

Tightening his hands that were currently on my waist, my back suddenly smashed into one of the spacious walls surrounding us and the excitement of this incredibly hot, vampire make out session was seriously getting to me.

I felt Klaus' hands work it's way into my red hair pulling my head back so he had better access to my mouth when something popped into my head immediately diminishing the fire that was encasing my body and i'm sure his as well.

Pulling away from his oh so tempting lips much to his dismay if his groan of annoyance was anything to go by, I stared into his intense blue eyes that were practically shining.

“Why did you freak out so much when you saw me with red hair for the first time?” I whispered resting my head back against the wall behind me as I watched his reaction carefully.

Klaus groaned dropping his head slightly to look down at the floor before looking up to face me again, “Really Layla? You couldn’t ask this some other time when were not in the middle of, well, this.” He stated exasperatedly.

I shook my head mutely letting him know I was not messing around with this and I was incredibly, deadly serious about getting an answer.

Seeing my composure wasn’t going to crack any time soon Klaus stepped away from me, looking at me for a few seconds before sighing and brushing a hand through his dark locks.