Chapter 7 Part 1

I woke up, the next day, to the sun shining in my face and the birds, outside, chirping happily in the beautiful summer day. 

I sat up, stretching my back and yawning. Opening my eyes i jumped back in shock letting out a small scream.

"Katherine. What are you doing in here?" I asked, slightly out of breathe, with my hand on my non-beating heart which would've been going ten miles per hour if it was working properly.

"I wanna go shopping. Get up." Katherine said, smirking slightly.

I groaned playfully before getting up quickly and hurriedly getting ready.

We raced down stairs and shouted "Goodbye" to Damon and Stefan before heading out to Katherine's car and speeding off to the nearest mall.

After three hours of shopping me and Katherine were wondering around the mall looking for somewhere nice to eat.

We hadn't spoken much during this trip just the usual comments here and there to say whether or not we liked the others chosen piece of clothing, other than that it was pretty silent, surprisingly.

I turned to Katherine after another few minutes of silence and finally asked the one question that bugs me every time i'm left alone with her, "What exactly is going on between you and my brother?"

She smirked slightly before answering, "Which one?" 

"Stefan." I replied, sighing slightly in annoyance.

I noticed, from the corner of my eye, Katherine tense up at his name even though i'm very sure she saw it coming.

In an strained voice she replied, "Nothing is going on between us."

"But you love him?!" I said in an obvious tone.

"No, I don't and i'd recommend you end this conversation before i seriously injure you." She stated, turning to glare angrily at me.

She may be denying it but i could see right through it. When she played my brother in 1864, as much as she loved Damon and vice versa, Stefan was always the one for her and seeing him in love with her descendant doppelganger hurts her so much but she pushes the pain away. All because she has to keep up the facade of the strong, unaffected vampire that would kill anybody without regretting it. 

With a final sigh i left the conversation alone and carried on walking with Katherine, silence once again consuming us with it's horrible ability to spread thoroughly.

We carried on walking through the mall, passing by shops with clothes that, if we were back in the 1860s, would've had you beaten by your mother or father. Kids these days.

As we walked i started to notice bright red hair that seemed very familiar but shook it off and carried on walking with Katherine, nether of us noticing the girl following us.

We made it out of the mall, not seeing anywhere that appealed to us in the slightest, and continued our walk down the road checking out the small restaurants and cafes that occupied the spaces.

Just as we were about to walk past a dark alley something, with incredible strength may i add, pushed us into the darkness. Both me and Katherine hit the alley walls hard, gasping in surprise that something managed to push both of us into the alley without us even noticing anyone was there.

"So glad you two decided to come see me. Now before you decide to go all 'bad ass' on me listen carefully. Especially you Layla." Someone, in the darkness said. 

Katherine stared at me confused while i searched the area, almost immediately finding the source and hissing angrily at the little bitch.

"Now, now, calm down lovey. Just listen." She said again in a patronizing tone.

"Why should i listen to you?" I asked angrily.

She chuckled lightly before walking towards me, "For very good reasons actually. Stay away from Klaus, he's mine now. You had your chance and you lost him so, you know, stay away. If you know whats good for you that is." She stated threateningly.

I smiled evilly, jumping up from my position and towering over her, she shrunk back slightly, surprised i had recovered so quickly but she did well to hide her surprise. 

"Klaus, will never be yours completely. We both know it." 

Alison growled slightly before hissing at me, "He is mine and will be for a very long time so if you know what's best for you and your family you will stay away from him. Got it?" Then she was gone.

I turned to Katherine who was stood leaning against the opposite wall with a blank face, without saying anything she turned and left the alley leaving me behind.

I stared after her confused at her distance but quickly snapped out of it and followed after her as she walked into a small italian restaurant a few metres down from the alley.

We stepped in and almost immediately got taken to a seat close to a window opposite the main door we had just walked in.

Katherine didn't say anything and nether did i, still replaying the whole scene with Alison and wondering why Katherine was suddenly in such a foul mood. 

Our waiter came and took our orders before leaving again and finally Katherine spoke to me, avoiding the Alison subject for some reason.

"I really hope this food isnt as disgusting as the indian we got last month."

Smiling slightly i replied, "Yeah, not the best human food ever." 

We carried on talking and laughing for a while, waiting for our food to arrive, when i felt like someone, or people, were watching me. Looking around slightly, a smile still evident on my face, i noticed nearly all of the restaurant staring at me and Katherine. People who had their backs to us originally had even turned in their seat to stare at us and suddenly i felt very uneasy, as if something bad was going to happen soon.

I turned back to Katherine to see her frowning at all of the other customers that were still staring at us and as soon as she turned back to look at me, without even speaking, we decided it was best for us to leave, regardless if we had even eaten or not. Everyone watching us was just plain creepy and gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

We left the restaurant quickly, placing a tip on the table first, no need to break the law you know?

As if we were being chased Katherine and I ran, at human pace, towards where her car was parked and as soon as we reached it we wasted no time in hoping in and driving like maniacs back to the boarding house, nether of us questioning aloud what the hell happened back at the restaurant.

We finally reached the boarding house and stepped out of the car, walking towards the front door in a more peaceful manner.

I opened the door and stepped in calling out to see if anyone was home.

Silence greeted me like my new best friend and after staring quizzicaly at Katherine we placed our bags in the living room before running around the house to see if there really was no one here. 

And there wasnt, much to both our surprise, this house is very ever rarely desserted since there are so many people that come here so the fact that there really was absolutely no one here was, again, very creepy.

I walked back into the living room to find Katherine sat drinking by the fire and after turning to look at me and shrugging i joined her and we sat drinking leisurely in silence, enjoying the calm before the storm.

Hours passed by with us both drinking and no one turning up when suddenly a scream rocketed through the air, not far from here and both me and Katherine shot up confused.

We looked at each other both frowning before hearing the scream again and looking towards the door.

Something was very, very wrong.

~~~

Apologises for any spelling and grammar mistakes, i just wanted to get this chapter over and done with aha. Part 2 coming soon ;)