Chapter 9

As soon as we reached the boarding house we were attacked with questions by my dear brothers.

It went a little like this; "What the hell were you two thinking?" "Are you both suicidal or something?" "Honestly, next time just let Katherine go no one cares about her that much." 

That last one earned Damon a slap, of course, and resulted in Katherine stalking off in a sulk.

Glaring at Damon I walked off after her, watching closely as she took a huge gulp from a bottle of butterscotch.

"So, you alright?"

She scoffed slightly not bothering to turn and look at me, "Sure, but don't blame me if you wake up one night to find Damon crinkled up like a prune."

I chuckled at her sulky tone and walked further into the kitchen, closing the door behind me, "We need to do something about Klaus, he can't just go and attack one of us and think he can get away with it." I mumbled quietly, trying to make sure the others couldn't hear.

"You're right. What're we going to do?"

"This..."

When the clock by the front door chimed six me and Katherine said our goodbyes to the boys and Elena, making our way to the forests surrounding The Grill, quietly watching and waiting for any sign of Klaus.

"He's not coming." Kat sighed, staring intently in front of her.

I didn't spare her a reply but smiled slightly as he walked out of The Grill, the redhead beside him, both seemingly naive to us watching them.

They started walking towards the woods, on the right side of us. 

Kat and I looked at each other confused as to why they didn't have their car with them but shrugged it off as it just made our plan even easier.

The moon was high in the sky as we stalked our prey, letting our vampiric instincts take over and control us, becoming the predator that we were always meant to be.

I nodded for Katherine to take the left flank while I walked to the right, getting further in front of them.

I heard a branch crack and took that as my signal to appear to the two enemies. 

Klaus and Allison both stopped as I made my appearance, Allison smirking and Klaus gaping, eyes full of sadness that he took too long to hide but I didn't let it affect me. 

He'd made his choice.

"Hello." I purred, pacing slowly in front of my prey.

Katherine chuckled quietly behind them making them both spin around in shock that I wasn't here by myself.

Seriously? I'm not that stupid.

"What is this? Ambush?" Allison chuckled, eyebrows raised mockingly.

Katherine growled lunging at her pinning her to a tree by her neck.

"I really don't like you."

"Right back at you bitch!" 

Klaus spun back around looking at me, eyes wide and pleading.

I grinned at him, kicking him in the stomach sending him flying back breaking a huge tree.

He grunted, standing up angrily and lunging for me, I dodged his flying fist sending my own to his face reveling in the loud crunching sound I heard.

"Why are you doing this Layla?" Klaus shouted angrily, kicking me in the side.

"You almost killed my brother!" I screamed back, my eyes turning silver.

"No I didn't"

My body started shaking, the ground convulsing with it and the clouds in the sky turning black and stormy.

"Layla, stop it!" Katherine shouted but her voice was drowned out by the thunder in the sky, rain pouring down on us with a fury.

"You bitch!" 

I turned to Katherine seeing her on the floor, Allison about to stake her. 

Clenching my fist I sent a ball of fire heading straight towards Allison, knocking her down momentarily but the most unexpected thing happened; she shot back at me.

I felt the fire hit me but didn't feel any pain, too consumed with the stormy feeling inside of me, thunder and lightning cracking the sky above us angrily.

"Layla, I  swear to you, I didn't know about Damon until you told me! Calm down before you do something you'll regret." I heard Klaus' screams far in the distance.

I tried calming down, slowing my breathing but all I could see was silver and black, my skull feeling like it was splitting. 

A loud screech filled the air, I didn't even realise it was me. I fell to the floor clutching my head as the thunder got worse and uncontrollable.

No, this can't happen again. Not now. I won't let it.

"Well, isn't this a lovely sight."

I tried to look up, see who the voice belonged to even though I knew perfectly well by now. 

Vincent.

"If you even want to get close to stopping me before you're all dead you should really stop fighting each other!" He chuckled and I could practically feel his stare shooting through me.

"You attacked Damon! It was you! You framed me!" Klaus shouted angrily, hurting my head even more since he was so close to me.

"Did I?" 

"Leave him Katherine. He's gone, lets just help Layla." Klaus muttered, I could hear the anger in his voice.

The pain in my head stayed the same but the clouds, ground and thunder died down, calming as each of my breathes did.

I was so confused, Klaus didn't attack Damon, but then why did he say he did? Allison has powers like mine which should be impossible, is impossible, she can't be like me, no one can.

I really don't understand what's going on, things are so messed up.

"Layla, I know you can hear me, I didn't attack your brother, I would never do that to you. Ever." Klaus whispered in my ear and I felt his lips touch my head for a semi-second before his arms wrapped around me lifting me to my feet.

I finally believed him and if I could apologise to him I would but since I still couldn't see anything properly I didn't even know if I could speak.

"Allison!" 

My head snapped up at Klaus' shout but before I could deliberate too much someone, who I assumed to be Katherine, snatched me up and ran.

I could only assume she did something very, very stupid. This is Katherine after all.

~~~

It's a few hours late but here it is! Hope you like! :')