Chapter 14

It's been two days since the incident with Elena and that creepy guy in the forest and things were almost back to normal.

Except for the constant glances I kept getting thrown by my brothers and Katherine which was incredibly annoying to put it simply.

Elena had made a full recovery thankfully, she had no recognition on what happened to her but thankfully there wasn't much damage.

Stefan on the other hand kept beating himself up about not being there for her and the fact that if she died she would've become a vampire which is one thing he doesn't want for her.

Elena of course was loving the attention, Katherine not so much. Ever since that night she had been in an incredibly bad mood, worse than her usual moods, and was almost unapproachable in the house so much so that Damon continuously complained about why she was even there.

I hadn't been allowed out of the house since that night and right now I felt like a rebellious teenager sneaking out from her parents house. It was ridiculous.

I snuck down the stairs quickly, avoiding walking in plain view of the living room which I was sure everyone was.

If Damon caught me trying to sneak out I just knew he would pop a nerve or something. He can be quite melodramatic when it comes to me.

So infuriating.

I managed to get out undetected and ran at an inhuman speed towards The Grill where I knew he would be.

I slowed at the towns edge before walking at a casual stroll towards my destination.

Walking into The Grill I stood near the door looking around at the people occupying the tables, a slow smile spreading across my face at the sight of him sat reading a newspaper at the exact same table as every other time I come here.

I stalked up to him quickly an indifferent expression on my face as I pulled out the seat opposite him and plopped down on it crossing my arms across my chest.

"Please sit down." He mumbled sarcastically not once glancing up from the newspaper.

"Klaus."

My tone made him look up with both eyebrows raised and a question in his eyes as he took in my posture.

"Yes?" He asked nervously eyes never once straying from mine as he folded the newspaper and put it down on the table gently.

"We need to talk. Privately." I stated. I wanted some answers and he is the only one that I can get them from, even if he refuses to tell me them.

Klaus nodded slowly before standing up and gesturing me to follow him.

We walked out of the bar in silence and I saw from the corner of my eye, him glance questioningly at me probably wondering what I needed to talk to him about that put me in such a bad mood.

"Get in." He gestured towards his car, already opening and stepping into the drivers seat.

I glanced around at the surrounding area wondering if I should really be doing this.

I mean ever since Klaus came back to Mystic Falls there has been nothing but trouble for me, is it really a clever idea to get into a small, secluded space with him for a period of time?

Only one way to find out huh?

I opened the passenger door, quickly stepping in and buckling myself in even though I was kind of indestructible to car crashes.

Not bragging or anything...

Klaus started the car pulling out of the parking lot of The Grill before speeding off down the main road taking us far, far away from the one place I could happily call home.