Chapter 29 - Cinderella's Rebirth

Steffanie woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Hindi rin siya gaanong nakatulog. The scene between her and Gareth kept replaying in her mind.

Hindi ka pa rin nagbabago. You are still a whore. This time, you are just wrapped on expensive clothing. But you're still the same slut I knew.

His words hurt like a dagger.

Inakala niyang makakayanan na niyang pakiharapan ito. She thought she had already toughen up, but she guessed she was wrong.

Nais niyang sampalin ang sarili sa sobrang inis. She reminded herself of the things that he did to her, things that he also did to their daughter. But one simple touch and all the walls immediately came down.

She could remember the brief kiss they shared. Naiinis man siyang aminin, but she longed for it. She wanted it. She craved for it. She wanted more from it.

Hindi na niya malaman kung paani pakikitunguhan pa ang damdamin para dito.

Isa lamang ang napagtanto niya, Gareth's presence was not good for her. Not then in the past, not now the present and definitely not in their future.

She ordered a light breakfast from the room service. She needed to clear her mind. She was here to work and nothing else. Iyon lang iyon.

She grabbed her phone. There were five unread messages. Inisa-isa niya ito.

Three messages came from Tristan. Kinukumusta siya nito at tinatanong kung nakauwi ba siya ng maayos.

She immediately typed a response.

Sorry for the late reply. Was able to go home in one piece. Thanks by the way, I had a great time with you.

Medyo nakonsensya naman siya. Basta na lamang kasi siyang umalis kagabi. She didn't want to see any one after her encounter with Gareth. Ang tanging gusto na lamang niyang gawin ay umalis sa lugar na iyon. She wanted to be far away to that man.

She checked the other two. One came from her staff and one came from Dr. Flyheight.

She immediately browsed the messages but Dr.  Flyheight's text message caught her attention.

Hey, there Steff. Michael Angelo told me that you are in Asphodel. One of my colleagues who specialize in your illness actually lived there. Do you want to pay him a visit?

Matagal nang inererekomenda ng kanyang doktor na bisitahin niya ang isang magaling na kaibigan nito sa Asphodel, but she just didn't had the luxury of time.

At ngayong nasa Asphodel na siya, she guessed it wouldn't hurt her to visit the doctor.

Agad niyang itinanaong kay Dr. Flyheight kung saan maaaring matagpuan ang kaibigan nito. She'll squeeze that in her schedule. Total naman, ilang araw pa naman bago tuluyang magsimula ang Winter Fashion Week.

Napakaraming bagay ang tumatakbo sa isipan niya ngayon. Her encounter with her ex did more harm than any good. She thought she would expect closure and healing; instead, everything just came in a one strong force. A lot of wounds from the past were reopened.

Tumayo siya. She needed to cut her trip to Asphodel short.

She called her agent.

"Cheenee. Book me a flight straight to Camelot after my last gig here in Asphodel," she said.

"But, I thought you said you want to spend a time off," her agent replied.

"I changed my mind. Me, staying here, will not be good to me,"she firmly said.