Chapter 6 - Finding Cinderella

He was driving his car along Rosewood Avenue when he realized that something was off. Agad siyang sumilip sa side mirror at sa rear view mirror.

"Clarence," tawag niya sa kanyang chevalier na nasa tabi ng driver's seat.

"Yes, Your Highness?" he spoke in his usual calm and collective tone.

Muli niyang matalim na tinitigan ang rear view mirror. "How many are they?"

"Three cars, your highness. Pero hindi pa po ako sigurado."

Damn it. Someone was tailing him and for whatever reason it might be, he knew it will not be good for him.

Sinubukan niyang iligaw ang mga ito. He made a sharp left turn on a nearby intersection, not caring for any traffic violations that he might incur. He stepped on the gas to get some leverage, hoping to lose whoever those mother fuckers. Muli siyang lumiko sa isang eskinita. He was on a street that was not very familiar to him but he just kept driving like a maniac.

"Did we lose them?"

Clarence reached inside one of the car compartments. Agad nitong binunot ang isang baril mula roon. Without any sense of panic he said, "Your Highness, I am sorry to say this but the two cars are still following us."

Hindi na niya mawari ang mga nangyayari. He opted to take a midnight stroll on down-town Camelot and look where it got him! He just became a target by some group of psychopaths. He steeled his hand on the steering wheel. Adrenaline started to pump in his body. He gave a broken smile. They chose the wrong night to mess with him. He was really stressed out of everything that was happening in his life right now; his mother's sickness, his being shackled down by the palace, and of course, meeting his dreadful father. May masasaktan talaga ngayong gabi. He will use them as a punching bag to relieve all of the stress and tension balled-up inside him.

"Did we lost the other one?"

Ikinasa nito ang hawak na baril. "Unfortunately Sir, we didn't. Right now, the other one is in front of us."

Huli na nang mapansin niyang may papasalubong na sasakyan sa kanila. Agad itong tumigil upang harangan ang dadaanan nila. He could have maneuvered his way out of this if they were in a huge boulevard, but they were just inside a narrow alleyway. He had no choice but to step on the brakes.

The force from the sudden halt was so hard, he almost slammed his head on the windshield. Thankfully, he and his Chevalier had their seatbelts tightly strapped on their bodies.

Tinanggal ni Clarence ang seatbelt nito saka agad na lumabas dala-dala ang baril patungo sa nakaharang na kotse. Sumunod siya rito upang makita kung sino ang mga talipandas na nangahas na kalabanin siya. But moments later, he heard screeches of tires from behind.

Lumingon sisya upang tingnan kung ano ang sanhi nito. Napailing na lamang siya sa nakita. Damn it! He did not lose those fucking cars. They were now cornered in this seemingly god-forsaken alley.

Four to five men exited from each of the cars. He did a mental calculation. Kulang-kulang dalawampu ang mga kailangan nilang patumbahin. His Chevalier remained calm.

He studied his assailants. They were all huge. May mga hawak ang mga itong bakal na tubo habang nakaplaster ang mga nakakalokong mga ngiti sa kanilang mga mukha.

"Kumusta po kamahalan!" sigaw ng isa.

"In the name of Camelot's Imperial Knights, you are all under arrest for attempting to harm a member of the Royal Family. Sumuko na kayo kung alam niyo ang makakabuti para sa inyo," Clarence showed them the insignia of the Imperial Knights which also acts as his badge.