Chapter 39 - The Infamous Prince Tristan

Steffanie returned to Sutherland with her brother. May ilang bagay na dapat siyang asikasuhin, especially the changing of her name from Smithson to Sutherland. It was now official, she was the new countess of Sutherland.

Though everything seemed to be in place, her heart was still not at ease. Mas lalong nalilito at nangangamba na siya ngayong nagkakilala na si Kylie and Gareth. After that fateful night, Gareth suddenly stopped coming in their home in Frontera. She was afraid that he may be cooking something up.

She swore to god, hindi siya makakapayag na maukha nito ang anak nila. Kylie was her everything. She’d die if she was taken away from her.

But maybe she was worrying for nothing. Kitang-kita niya kung paano niyakap ni Gareth ang anak. It showed his undeniable love and affection.

Pero paano kung tama siya? That Gareth would want to take his daughter away?

She needed to fight back. She’ll do everything in her power huwag lang mangyari iyon. But would she win? Gareth was now the Third Prince of the Kingdom. When it came to money and power, she was nothing compared to him.

Kailangan niya ng tulong. She needed someone who could help her fight Gareth just in case. And she had just the right person in mind.

She quickly scrolled on her phone to find the contact in her phone book. Agad naman niya itong tinawagan.

“Hello, Tristan. I need your help.”

“Yes, angel?” he said.

She gave a sigh before she told him everything in her mind.

Steffanie was feeling uneasy. After five years, muli na naman siyang nagbalik sa Arondight Palace. This time, she was not with Gareth. Instead, she was with Tristan.

Nilibot niya ang paligid, the place was still marvellous. It was a picture of pure luxury. They were supposed to have a dinner date with Tristan in one of the restaurants in Camelot. Ngunit may nakalimutan daw ito kaya kailangan nilang sumaglit sa palasyo.

“Let’s go to my manor, angel?” he said.

“Let’s go.” She responded.

He led her through the part of the castle where the royal family resided. It was like a subdivision within the castle. Kay raming mga naglalakihang mga mansion sa loob niyon. But despite that, the whole place was enclosed inside the high and vast walls of the palace.

“These are the manors, each member of the Royal Family has one,” pagpapaliwanang nito. But she knew that already.

“And this is mine, the Daisy Manor,” turan nito sa isang malaking bahay.

“Would you like to come inside?” yaya nito.

“Nope, I’ll just wait for you’re here. ‘Di ba sabi mo naman, hindi tayo magtatagal ditto?”

“Yup. Just stay here will you?”

“Sure.”

He then entered his manor.

Wala na siyang magawa kundi ang tumingin-tingin lang sa paligid. Everything was really exquisitely made. She suddenly remembered of a certain memory from the past. She remembered how Gareth described the palace in the past. Dark. Lonely. Scary. And true to its sense, alam niyang totoo iyon. Nababalutan lang ito ng karangyaan. But deep inside, she knew this was a place of sorrow.

Nahagip ng kanyang paningin si Gareth. He was looking at her from a far.

Tatawagin niya sana ito ngunit pinigilan niya ang kanyang sarili.