~Chapter 12~

Recap:

Alright, see you then, later princess

Bye Cillian :)

As soon as that was over, Mason is still not back, and I wonder what's taking him so long? 

~~~~~

"That'll be $4.35," I hand her my card, but the cashier doesn't take it and instead, she just stares at me. "Is there something wrong, miss?" I ask him.
Staring at me intently, she says, "You're hurting her." At this, I get confused. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

"You're hurting her. She can't take this much pain. It may be her choice to do what she chooses, but you're a part of it, too. You can change the directions of which the fate is going through. If you wish not to, it is up to her in what she wants to do, and her fate solely lands on her. Let's hope she goes the right way."

I stand there dumbfounded, and I didn’t notice when she took the card from my hand, slides it through the machine, then puts it back. I shake my head, and punch in my pin. "Thank you, have a good rest of your morning," she smiles at me as if she didn't say those weird things to me, and hands me the plastic bag with the snacks I got for Natalia.  Taking the bag, I immediately try to walk back out, but before I do, I get a text message from Jules.

Hey, where r u?

I'm on my way

Well, hurry. My parents are getting disappointed. It wasn't going well, so I'm here at some hardware store, walking around trying to use up the time.

I sigh at this. Then, I put back my phone back in my pocket. I walk outside and head over to the car, where I see Natalia looking out the window, in what looks like a daydream state. I get in, and start the car without bringing any conversation up, driving back to the pack house.

~~~~~

I still can't believe it. I found my mate. The blonde-headed, blue-eyed image of her is still engraved in my head. Telling Cyrus that our mate was engaged to someone else was complicated. He became stubborn an didn't want to believe it, but I imagined the ring again in my head, and he stopped going against what I said. I put my head in my hands, what am I supposed to do now?

I start up my truck, and head out. I look at the time on my truck's digital clock and noticed that it was already four. I've been sitting in my car for two hours thinking. I shake my head and concentrate on the fact that I'll eventually see Natalia and tell her everything. I don't know what it is, but I felt like I should tell her what happened to her. Maybe, she can help me in some way.

My saying from earlier, in where I told myself I'll do my best in trying to keep my mate with me and having all her love and attention, is now unsure, if she already chose to marry someone else, and because for that short amount of time in seeing her for the first time, I've already fallen for her….

Is it best to let something you love, go?

~~~~~ 

We reach the house in what seemed like eternity, although the food Mason bought really helped pass time by, even though it was only a bag of chips, candy bar, and water. Before I reached for the door handle, Mason stops me. "Before you walk in, I want you to know that the Royals are inside and are expecting me. I want you to act like we've been on a short trip to accompany me in helping me settle over a business deal. They may or may not believe it, but whatever you do. Do not, and I mean do not speak of anything that's been going on between us. Understood?" I nod.