~Chapter 8~

Recap:

I feel happy for Naomi that Mason's wolf accepted her, but at the same time I think why can't Mason do the same for me in return, instead of going along with this plan. I wonder how Mason is taking this situation. Hopefully, from this, he'll finally understand that from this, taking me as his mate will be the best choice.

~~~~~

Watching the interaction through Naomi's eyes, I felt a hint of jealousy rising through me. The point of view I have is of being under Mason's wolf's head, since they're currently cuddling. Naomi is purring against the feeling, and I'd have to admit, it does feel nice and comforting. The sparks where their fur touch feels like a warm tingly feeling. Now I can see why mates are always close to next to each other.

Then, I felt the weight that's been on us disappear, and Naomi gets up, quickly. In front of us, Mason's wolf whines, and then Naomi does, too. Naomi approaches his wolf, but before she can get any closer, Mason transforms back. Standing in front of us now, is Mason fully clothed, and not a hair out of place, looking grim. 

"Matteo told me that Mason needs to talk with you, so I'm going to change back now." And before I can reply back to her,  I can feel myself coming to the front and start having control. "Mia cara, I need to talk with you about rules of our agreement, but we need to get you home, so I can discuss something with your mother. 

I become lost with words because first of all, why couldn't we just discuss it here, and secondly, what was he going to discuss with my mother? But instead of asking, I just held my head up high, and walked away heading back towards the car. 

~~~~~

"Mother, we're back," I yell once we get back to the house. With no reply, I head up straight to my room, not caring whether or not Mason was following, but deep inside  I wanted him to and have the same scenario that went between our wolves earlier played out for both of us. 

I look behind me just to take a peek if he is, but with no luck, there's no sign of him trailing behind me. I sigh, and enter my room. I think to myself why can't he snap out of his damned mind and figure out that I'm the one and only one for him. Not Julia or any other person would ever make him feel the way that mates feel. 

I look back again in the past, and remember the first guy that has ever showed an interest in me. The one from the cafeteria. I didn’t even get his name, but he definitely left something on me. I mean, the way he treated me in the end was something I should never forgive, but there was something from him that I couldn't put my finger on. No one knew what happened to him  when he left Junior year, so I stopped thinking about him, until now. Then, there's Cillian. From just today, he filled me with a certain warmth, but it wasn't a warmth like the one with your mate. It was definitely something else. I take out the paper he gave me from my pocket and decide to give him a call, but before I can even dial in the number, Mason enters my room with a certain purpose to it. 

"Pack some clothes." Before I can even reply to that, he walks into my walk-in closet, grabs a duffel bag from the top shelf, and puts clothes in. 

"Woah, woah, woah," I say as I quickly get off my bed. "What are you doing and where the fudge are we going, anyways?" I come up to him, "You can't just barge into my room, and start shoving MY stuff like their yours." I didn't notice I was close to him until the sparks between us were tingling stronger. In a fast move, I'm pinned to the wall and I feel lips on my neck making me close my eyes savoring the feeling. The lips move up my neck and towards my lips, in which he lightly pecks, and lets go of me.

"We're going away for awhile. I asked your mother if I can take you for company on a business trip, and she approved." My eyes were still closed, and I was still breathing heavily from what just happened, but when I heard this, my eyes snapped open, and I removed myself away from the wall. 

"WHAT?! Who said, I wanted to go with you? I never agreed to going to someplace alone with you." 

"But you did agree to be my slave, and since you are mine, what I say goes. In this case, we are going to use this trip as business, but not the business, your mother was thinking. Our business includes, going over the rules," he leans towards me, then whispers into my ear," and acting upon it." 

I jerk back, and almost yelled out that I wasn’t going with him, but then I remembered that I did agree to become his slave, and that there wasn't really any turning back to it. "Fine," I say, while turning back to my bed, and think about why I even agreed in the first place. Oh, that's right, he used his damned lips against me. 

~~~~~

I was sitting in the car, currently waiting for Mason to get gas. I've been playing on my phone for the past hour, and then I realized, I never even got to call back Cillian. Since Mason was just outside, and due to the fact that the window was open, I decided to just message him.

Hi Cillian. It's me, Natalia. 

In an instant, he replies back. Kind of embarrassing, I should say, but maybe, he was plying on his phone like I was. 

Hey princess, what's up?

Nothing, I was just wondering when you wanted to have that pig out because I'm currently going to be out of town, and I don't know when I'll be back. 

Haha did I scare you away that fast? Jk, that's up to you. Whenever is fine. No rush. 

Okay (: Thx Cillian. Gtg now, bye.

Bye princess

I smile to myself, and I didn’t even notice the car door opening. "What's funny, mia cara?" Mason comes in, and he has an amused smile on him. He looks more boyish that way, I think to myself. "Nothing." 

"Okay, but I like seeing you smile. You look even more breathtaking." He says, while he starts the car. I blush and look down, "thank you," I say softly. The car's quiet as the car goes down the road, so when I look up, Mason's face is blank of emotions. He's back to that, again, and I thought we were getting somewhere, but I guess we're going back two steps.

~~~~~ 

It takes us another 3 hours to reach a forest, in which nighttime has already fallen upon us. The trees that surrounds us cover us from any moonlight, and the only light we have are the car's headlights. Even though I can change into a ferocious beast, I was still scared of what could be lurking in this forest. About another hour later, we stop in front of a cabin, that doesn't look like it'll fall anytime soon. In fact, It was the opposite, like one of those modern cabin homes, with an attached porch in the front and a balcony on the second floor. Since there wasn't much trees surrounding it, the moonlight shone brightly over the cabin, cascading it with a white glow. Around the cabin, there was added solar lights. As I was admiring the appearance of the cabin, I can hear Mason get out our bags, and lock the car doors.

"Come on," he passes me, but then stops right before the porch steps, and turns around. "When we go in though, you automatically have to act like my slave. But first, we shall go over the rules first." He tells me, and then gives me his smirk that makes me shiver in pleasure. I really don't know what to do at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~

350 Votes & 2500 Reads for Next Chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: 

Sorry for all the delays. AP classes are really kicking my butt this early into the year. Hopefully, I'll be able to upload soon again. Thank you for making IAMMS #8 for both in General Fiction and in Werewolf categories. You guys are really awesome. Any suggestions and inputs are always welcome. Criticism, too.  

-T.J. <3

Vote, Comment, Share, and Fan!