~Chapter 19~

Recap:

I'm so glad all the pieces are going to be perfect in its place. At the end of this, everyone would've been in my path of destruction, and in its wake would be my accomplished vengeance.

Julia, my love, you'll be mine, and so will your parents. Giving one last look to Natalia, I stride off to find Julia. Everyone, watch your backs.

~~~~~

(Mason's POV)

I grab her before she's able to leave the bed. "Mia cara, wait..." she falls right back on the bed, but before I can respond again, I feel fists hitting my chest.

"No, no, no," she repeats over and over, "it wasn't supposed to be this way." My heart stops. Her face is full of tears, and the idiot I am at the moment, doesn't respond or do anything. She continues on hitting my chest, but I don't feel a thing. How could I? I lost control at the moment, but I couldn't help, but regret what I did with seeing her like this.

After a while, she stops, fists on my chest, and the only sound that's heard is her sniffling. I grab hold of her wrists and place it down on her lap. Her head is bowed down with her hair covering her face,

"Mia cara..." I softly whisper. "I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say or do to comfort her. What we did.. Moon Goddess.. Was the best thing I've ever experienced, being with my mate in that way...

"I should go," and with that, she quickly leaves, before I get a chance to say anything else. Dumbly, I stare at the open door. Wasn't this what I wanted? Her to be in my bed? Be my slave? I sigh. I just don't know anymore.

I get off the bed and start putting my clothes on. Matteo hasn't shown his presence at all during anything, which is weird. I try calling out to him, but silence. I shake my head and finish dressing up. Turning around, I bump into a body.

I can't see the face, but I know the scent.

"What the hell have you been doing, Mason?" I can hear the lividness in Julia's voice. "Jules.." I say pathetically. I've all forgotten about her. "What do you mean?" I fix my approach once I realize how much of a big deal the situation is.

"Who were you with? Who is she? I've been entertaining guests all night, and this is what I find you doing? We are getting married soon, and you're still playing this game," she continues to fire at me. "My parents didn't arrange this marriage for nothing, and you expect me to stand by and do nothing about your outrageous behavior right now? I thought we were over and done with this. You love me, and I love you, why in the hell would you start this?" My mind comes up with nothing. My emotions are all over the place. Nothing is tamed at all, and all I want is some fresh air, and time to think things through.

"Jules.. Please, not now." I walk past her and out the door, into the hallway. "Oh, no you don't," I hear her say, and with that I hear rapid footsteps following behind me. I feel a hand on my arm, and I'm violently turned around. "No. You don't get to say 'not now' because NOW is the perfect time to discuss everything as any. I'm tired of feeling like this. Feeling pushed aside and being ignored. You don't get to do that anymore. You're not making me feel sad over anything like this again. I know you, and I know Natalie or whatever her name is. Even through high school, I can see the connection between you two. But no. Now is not the time for you to fall for her again. You love me. Only me. We're supposed to get married... and... and be happy together..." she continues on while bawling her eyes out, "and I don't see why you'd go to a worthless slut like her... don't be fooled by her 'innocence' she really is a slut... you have to love me because I'm not like her... and I'm the best one for you" she babbles on drunkenly.