Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

          As Evo drove through the lefts and rights of the forest it seems that as if he knew this place very well. Just like how you know where to go when you are in your own place.

          The sun is already down and night was coming upon us. Times where Immortals emerge from the darkness an suck people's blood out leaving them on the cold cement pale and dead.

          We've been driving for about 40 minutes now and we're still in the middle of the forest. I continued to gaze upon the dark forest, how do animals even live there? I mean they prefer wild life than being taken cared of. I wish I was an animal so I could feel the love caretakers give to the animals. But not all caretakers are nice.

          The lumpy road beneath us seemed to never flatten, the cold wind rushing in through the window and the soft hum of Marcello playing in the radio. I watched as Evo tapped his finger on the steering wheel his grip on never tightening not even once. But his face.. his face was blank. He looked like a robot driving.

          So right now we are on our way to the Candy Place. It gives me the feeling that it has Gummy Bears that will choke me to death.

          Immortality might have overtaken me but my traits and likes still remain. The only difference is that I've became more in sense and more intelligent when it comes difficult times.

          "Immortality," It suddenly rolled out of my tongue. The word lingering in the air for a while. Evo seemed to notice my sudden word chant and his head turn to look at me.

          He arched his brow in confusion, while I just smiled sheepishly and waved for him to keep on driving and so he did.

          Death will never be upon the both of us, Evo and I, because Immortality becomes us. It's good that I'll not be spending my eternal days alone and I wish that Evo is thankful too, that he will not spend it alone in darkness alone being accompanied by spider webs, dust and insects.

          Chrisostomo Collins, huh? A Veteran. I bet he spent most his eternity without anyone. Alone. It's a good thing he didn't stake himself.

          But if I was not going to spend my forever alone I will still not spend it with my insane Mother and my chained Father. A life without parental care. Parental Love.

          My Mom. What's happened to her? Is she still alive or did she overdoes heroin and kill herself due to depression and sadness. I miss my her. She used to have that glow that all mothers had. Her smile contagious and gentle caress touching my heart.

          I miss my sane mother.

          Father. Was he already sentenced to death? A death punishment to a sin he didn't even do? A sin that was sugar coated by bloodsuckers? Bloodsuckers like me. His chains maybe digging down his skin now, his throat bleeding from all the screaming he's doing.

          Whoever framed my father making him end inside a jail cell will suff- no. Whoever who he or she is will die. Will die in my hands. Their head laying limp on my hands and their body disconnected from their head. I will not torture them anymore because if any of them are still alive there is still a chance for them to escape so I'll make it easy for them and just cut their heads off.

          "You know I wish there will be a time that you'll not think so negatively of any situation. I mean look at you, all you seek is revenge and killing. That's what you shall only aim for. Aim for a goal. A goal like getting both of your parents alive. Hug them to death and wipe all memory of yourself from them and let them live a life they wish they had when you were still with them." Just like what I said. A forever without parental care and love. Could you just stop for a minute and imagine a life without your parents? Your mom annoying you every morning just to wale you up and go to school. Your father restricting you from having a boyfriend.