Chapter Five

Chpater Five

Staring at the view outside I sighed and felt nothing. Supposedly when I stare at something beautiful I tend to be jealous that I'm not as beautiful as that thing was.

I want to feel tired yet I can't. I want to desperately want to lay down and just relax my muscles and shut off my mind.

But something was making me think. How did I visit my father in his cell? Well I'm pretty sure that I'm not dead yet.

How did I do it?

I might just ask Evo later. But now the sun was setting it was just the sun and me. The reddish-orange of the sun made my skin go back to it's normal color. The normal color I had when We were still a normal family.

That normal family that always go to church and song along with people every sunday. That normal family that stays strong together. But we were not normal.

A knock got me out of my reverie and I walked to the door and opened it.

Evo stood there holding a tray with a Blood Bag and a glass? "Uhm... thought you might be hungry," He said not even daring to look at me in the eyes.

"Yeah, sure." I weakly mumbled. "Thank you. I didn't know you had a soft spot in you." I giggled.

And there's his blank face again. Why can't be be amused by my compliments? I instantly clamped my mouth shut and stared at my bare feet.

"I don't. I brought you this to give you strength later."

"Oh." I embarrassedly said.

Awkward. I thought to myself. Well it's not my fault that I'm socially awkward especially with boys.

"Practice in 30. Go shower and get ready. Take your time and meet me downstairs," He didn't even let me respond because he just walked away.

I nodded even though I know he couldn't see me and shut my door. I sauntered to the bathroom and stripped my clothes off.

Every clothing that was coming off was making me notice how soft my skin was. It was so soft but pale. I tried pinching it looking for fats but nothing. It's like my skin was securely glued to my bones.

I ran my fingers through my wet hair and caressed the new me. When I herd someone playing the piano. It was soft and it was music to my ears.

It was Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera.

I just listened to it while relaxing. It was relatable. I couldn't handle a tear that slipped form my eye.

Then he sang. His velvety voice smoothly running with the sound of the chords.

After I got out of the shower I immediately threw on some sports bra and some leggings. I didn't even care if these clothes were new. Because he was still singing so I rushed downstairs.

But a part of the song made me freeze on my spot. "And I will stumble and fall, I'm still learning to love, just starting to crawl."

It clicked something in me. It reminded me that I wasn't on my feet yet. I still have a ling way to go. That I can't take my capabilities for granted. That I still have to work hard and that I have a long way to go.

I walked slowly towards where the sound was coming and watched Evo passionately play the piano. It was like he was like he was showering his feelings or what he wants to feel by playing the piano.

I know he sensed my presence but he continued playing. His body was moving gracefully with the music while I watched in awe.

Soon the music was over and he closed the lid of the piano. And stared at my eyes. He stared at me like he needed it it. There was so much emotion in his eyes. But then he shook his head and stood up.