Unlucky

Tsunade was having shitty luck.  Which was a good thing.  It was a curse, yet also a blessing.  Why she continued to waster her money on bets or games she know she would lose, she didn't know herself.  She didn't win much, but when she did win, she would win big.  

Rumor has it she smashed a bunch of mirrors.  Or had a bunch of black cats cross her path.  Or walked under some ladders.

It's not like it was her fault.  She just placed her bet and watched the dice roll.  But they didn't call her the legendary sucker for nothing.

___

"WINNER!" The exclaim drew Tsunade out of her daze.  She watched as the man to her left grinned and pulled all of the money to his pile before shaking her head and standing.  Tsunade left the casino, with only a few coins in her pocket and a resigned smile on her face.  Her teammates weren't going to be happy when they saw how much money she had left.  They wouldn't act on it though.  

They were terrified of her.  Once in a while Jiraiya would make a comment.  Orochimaru was smart enough to keep his mouth shut though.  Tsunade made her way towards the center of town to meet her teammates at the dango shop.  Once she could finally see the shop in the mix of people and other buildings, Tsunade saw her two teammates sitting at a table together obviously annoyed with eachother.  

Suddenly something pushed Tsunade forward.  Tsunade caught herself and turned in a unnoticable defensive position to see who pushed her.  It was a cloaked person.

"Sorry." They said.  Tsunade squinted, but couldn't get a glimpse of their face behind their cloak. 

"The fault is mine." She drawled slowly trying to realize why this person was so familiar.  They continued the way they were going and Tsunade turned and walked towards her teammates, glancing back a few times.  When she finally reached the two other sanin the person was almost out of sight.  

"Tsunade you okay?" Jiraiya asked with a concerned look seeing the slug sanin stare down the crowd of bustling people.  

"Red cloak.  That guy seems familiar." Tsunade nodded her head towards the figure.  Orochimaru and Jiraiya looked over.  Orochimaru's eyes widened and his hands went through a sequence of hand signs before there was a poof of smoke and a hissing snake at his side.  The figure froze in its step and turned its head back towards the three sanin.  There was a short gust of wind that pulled back the hood of the cloak.  Once they saw the glasses and silver hair the three sanin were quick to pursue.  

Kabuto turned and sprinted the direction he was walking towards the east gate of the town.  

"What's his game?" Jiraiya grunted as they jumped the roofs to follow.

"I presume he wants to get in a more open area.  More room to attack us.  Less casualties." Orochimaru replied.

"Since when would he care about casualties." Tsunade growled.  Kabuto slowed as he reached the gate and walked into the forest.  Tsunade slowed her pace when she reached the gate with Jiraiya and Orochimaru behind her.  The snake Orochimaru summoned hissed and slithered ahead.  Orochimaru nodded to Tsunade and followed the snake.  Jiraiya and Tsunade followed Orochimaru through the trees until they reached a small clearing.  Kabuto was leaning against a tree, his cloak pulled off and on the ground beside him.  He wore his normal purple outfit that Tsunade recognized.  

"Kabuto." Orochimaru greeted with a steely look.  Kabuto glanced at the snake sanin with a casual look before drifting his gaze to Jiraiya and then Tsunade.

"Rumor has it that you took on new prodigies." Kabuto stated.  "Where are they?" 

"Your source was wrong." Tsunade claimed glaring at the ninja.  Kabuto tilted his head.  

"So who was it you sent after me?" He asked.  "At first I was puzzled as to how a bunch of thirteen year olds could land in my base, but I did a little snooping of my own.  Next thing I know, I'm trying to figure out what motive the nine-tails container, an Uchiha hair, and a pink-haired nobody has trying to get into my base.  Then I hear that they've been hanging around you three."  Kabuto smirked.  "Don't tell me those don't match up."

"What are you up to Kabuto?" Tsunade growled.  

"I just want to fix some of the ninja world's mistakes.  Is there a problem with that Tsunade?" Kabuto raised an eyebrow.  

"You're insane Kabuto.  This isn't fixing anything.  This is obsession." Jiraiya stepped forward.

"Really?" Kabuto turned to Jiraiya with a harsh glare.  "This is obsession?  Not with those three Ame ninja?  Not when Dan died?  Or Nawaki and your stupid 'curse' with that necklace?  I don't see why what I'm doing is so bad."

"You've never seen your own flaws Kabuto." Orochimaru stated blandly at the angry ninja.  "Unlike you we can grow from our loss and learn to accept it."  

"It's not just me Orochimaru.  You don't seem to understand that.  There's hundreds of ninja like me who disagree with the faults of the ninja way.  We've made plans to fix it, and you three have handed me a great way to get it done." 

"How Kabuto?  How do you plan on fixing this?" Jiraiya asked to amuse the silver-haired nin.

"By ridding of ninja as a whole." Kabuto claimed.  "Take out the roots and we can uproot the problem as a whole.  No more war, no more fighting, no more loss."

"That plan is flawed.  You'll never be able to end wars the way you think they will.  To end wars means to keep everyone in check.  People will resist you Kabuto." Tsunade crossed her arms and scoffed at the preposterous idea.  

"Exactly." Kabuto admitted.  "I wasn't sure as how I was going to accomplish it at first.  Then after my first encounter with your three 'protege' it popped in my head.  The tailed beast."

"You're insane." Jiraiya said with wide eyes.  

"That wouldn't be the first time I've heard that." Kabuto smirked looking up at the darkening sky.  "I hate to leave so soon after not seeing you all in years but I have business to attend to." His body poofed into smoke and he was gone.  Jiraiya shook his head.  

"I can't feel his chakra anywhere in the area." He stated.

"What do you suppose we do with this new information?" Orochimaru questioned dismissing the summoning snake.  

"He's not alone.  He's probably got spies everywhere.  If we do something, he'll know." Jiraiya replied.  

Tsunade scowled picked up a rock and chucking it up in the air.  Rotten luck.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

A/N: Hi guys!  I know my updates are really lacking.  I should have updated earlier so for that I'm sorry.  If you wanna know what I've been doing, well I've been obsessed with watching Starkid musicals and then Avengers Endgame came out and yeah.

I figured since I haven't updated in fifty years it would've been easier for me to not write about our favorite trio because I still need to set up their adventures.  

If you have any questions or suggestions comment!

See ya!