SEQUEL - Can't Get Enough - Chapter 5

Addilyn's POV:

My parents stare for a bit and then Mum lets out a sigh.

"Addilyn we have been keeping something from you for a while, and all of it comes back to your 16th birthday", Dad starts.

"When you were born, there was a prophecy set in place that stated, you and your mate would be in grave danger. You see, you are not just any wolfblood. You have stronger abilities and powers than the rest of us. But, you will not be able to find your mate until you turn 16. The thing is, it will not be super obvious until you get close enough to tell it's your mate. The weeks leading up to your birthday you will begin to smell them when you previously could not. Not only are you in danger of other wolfblood but of humans. Yes, humans have begun to accept our kind but your abilities make you powerful and some see you as a threat.", Mum states.

"So let me get this straight. I am stronger than other Wolfblood and so is my mate. But I won't be able to find him till I turn 16, which is tomorrow. I understand you were trying to protect me, but I don't see why you couldn't have just told me", I reply.

"I know sweetie, we were just worried on how you would take it", Dad sighs.

"I understand, I love you and thank you for telling me. I'm going to head to bed now, don't want to be tired for tomorrow.", I smile and head to the stairs.

"Love you", they both reply.

I walk upstairs and head to my bedroom. I put on my nighties and lay down. As I close my eyes, it finally sinks in that I might meet my mate tomorrow. I began to wonder who in the world it could be. The only scent I had smelt lately was Mason's... Oh. He couldn't possibly be my mate though, could he? I trail off in my thoughts until I finally fall asleep.

_________________________________________________________________

Click. Click. Click.

I open my eyes to see my mum taking a picture of me sleeping and I groan. Why would she be taking a picture of me this early? Wait a minute... I pick up my phone and check the date. Today is my birthday.

"Happy Birthday Addilyn!", my parents and Jacob shout.

"Thank you", I reply.

"We'll be downstairs ready to give you one of your presents when your done getting dressed", Dad says as they leave the room.

I jump out of bed, grab some clothes from my closet, fix my hair, brush my teeth, add a bit of makeup and rush downstairs. Mum, Dad, and Jacob are all sitting around the table filled with my favorite breakfast foods. I grab a plate and some stuff to eat and sit down.

"So... we know you have been wanting this for a while...", Mum says as she pulls a present out from under the table. She hands the neatly wrapped present over to me.

I open the present to see another box, and another, and another, and another until I see a car key sitting in the bottom of the last box. I look up at them with a big smile on my face and say, "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!!"

We walk outside to see the car and I notice its a White Honda Civic! I honestly think Jeeps are a little overrated. They are cool cars but everyone has one so it's really nothing special. I just feel like this car is very sleek and sophisticated, like me. Hah, lol!

"Thank you!", I scream.

"No problem sweetie", Dad laughs.

I call Rachel and tell her I won't need a ride to school today. She says happy birthday and I thank her. I drive to school and park next to Daniel and Rachel. The smile at me and run over to where I am.

"Happy Birthday Addilyn", they shout.

"Thank you guys", I smile.

As soon as we walk into school I get this weird feeling like something good will happen soon. I start smelling a familiar scent but it seems to have a different aspect then it did before. I look to where the smell leads to and I look up to see...

Don't hate me for leaving another cliffhanger, please. The car at the top is what Addilyn's looks like. I felt like it was more realistic than a really expensive car. Those are expensive, like most cars but it isn't astronomical.

Please VOTE and COMMENT!!!!

Love you and thank you for reading. I should be updating again this week, maybe tomorrow!