November 15th (again) 20BBY

Dear Diary,

    Okay I am freaking out! I messaged Anakin like six times! But he isn't in range. I'll sum up the messages I left...

    Anakin, please come home! I really need you right now! I miss you! Come home!

   No answer.

   So let me tell you what happened during dinner...

   I walked into his apartment and saw him standing by the dinner table. "Hello Padme," he said with a grin. I put on a smile but was cringing with disgust on the inside. Clovis greeted me with a kiss on the hand. I quickly pulled my hand back and hurried over to the table.

   Clovis chuckled cruelly, "A little tense are you? Relax..." he insisted. I stiffened in my seat, "What is it you want Clovis?" I asked firmly. Clovis poured me a drink, "Does it always have to be business with you? Couldn't I just invite you over for a nice dinner?"

    I glared, "Fine. How are you doing Clovis?" I asked with sarcasm. Clovis smiled, "Well, you know, the regular. Politics, business, and... almost falling to my death..." I rolled my eyes, "My apologizes," I said flatly.

    The last time Anakin and I had dealt with Clovis, he had fallen to what we thought was his death. It wasn't really Anakin's fault but I don't think Clovis had let that one go.

    "Speaking of that, how is General Skywalker fairing these days?" He asked, almost reading my mind. I shrugged, "Fine, as far as I know." Clovis smirked, "And you two are...?" He asked, expecting an explanation of our relationship status.

    I glared, "Something tells me you're not interested in small talk Clovis. What do you really want to know?" Clovis' smile left his face and he stood up abruptly, "I want to know why even though you are forbidden to love this Jedi, you still choose him over me? That's what I want to know!" He exploded. I stood up too, "Clovis, you need to let this go," I remarked. Clovis' face grew red, "No! You need to let that Jedi go! And if I have to force you to, then so be it! You will be mine Padme!"

     I back away from the table. It was a bad idea to get involved with Clovis again. He clearly hated Anakin. He despised him. Anakin had something that he wanted and knew he could never have; me.

    "Clovis, I don't love you. And no longer wish to see you anymore. If you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving." I hurried toward the door but he blocked my way. "You're staying here Padme!"

    Just then, I felt a pulsing beep coming from beneath my clothes. I pulled out my Japor necklace and felt it vibrate at a steady rhythm. Clovis and I both stared down at it in confusion. I didn't know what was going on but I decided to use the moment of distraction while I had it. I planted my foot down hard on Clovis' boot and he swore under his breath. I raced for th door and ran down the hall.

    But Clovis was right behind me. Even with my heels, I was able to keep my lead as I hurried down the halls. The necklace clenched in my fist buzzed loudly and I wondered what it was doing. Anakin had planted a tracking device in it a while ago but this was new. While my mind was i n the necklace, I flew down the stairs with Clovis at my heels. "Get back here Padme!" He shouted.

    My heart was racing and in my hurry, I missed a step! Luckiky, I was close to the bottom of the stairs so I only fell about two steps. But I automatically froze with fear. Was my baby okay? Before I could worry anymore, a much worse threat appeared. Clovis towered over me and grabbed my wrist. "Let go of me!" I exclaimed. He tugged me to my feet, "You'll learn to respect me once your beloved Jedi is out of the picture!" He grumbled as I fought his grasp. "No!" I shouted back.

    "What do you see in him?" He demanded. I looked into his fierce eyes. "He loves me Clovis. And he would never want to hurt me," I answered heavily, "I know that whatever happens, he will never stop loving me. And I will never stop loving him. I can't explain it, but I will love him until the day I die."

    It was true. I couldn't explain what made me fall in love with Anakin. That's just how it was.

    Clovis tightened his grip and snarled, "Well why don't we test that theory?"

    Just then, I heard a familiar voice come from an opening elevator door. "Rush Clovis, step away from Senator Amidala!" Obi-wan Kenobi rushed toward us and Clovis stood up, "I know this looks bad General..." he searched for the name but Obi-wan beat him to it. "It's Kenobi. And you are under arrest." He stated.

    Clovis pulled up a blaster from his pocket and pointed it toward me! "I wouldn't take another step if I were you Kenobi." Obi-wan halted and looked at me in worry. I sat there in shock. How did Obi-wan even get there? How did he know where I was?

    But Obi-wan stared at me earnestly as if willing me to understand the plan brewing in his mind. He glanced toward the blaster near my face and I suddenly knew. Obi-wan thrust out a hand and jerked the gun toward the ceiling. Tearing it from Clovis' hand, Obi-wan tossed it to me using the Force. I grabbed it just as Clovis readied his fist to strike at me. I instinctly pulled the trigger of the gun and before I knew what had happened; Clovis was dead.

     I slumped back against the wall and Obi-wan rushed to me. "Padme, are you okay?" I nodded. "Where's Anakin?" I asked without thinking. I instantly was worried that after all that had happened, I had blown our secret. Obi-wan didn't seem to notice, "He's his way back from Felucia. But he messaged me that he sensed an attack against you. He had activated some sort of signal and it lead me here."

    Obi-wan clearly didn't completely understand what had happened. But I did. When Anakin was finally in range of signal, he saw that I was at Rush Clovis' apartment. Without even knowing what was going on, he sent Obi-wan to come rescue me. The signal was my necklace.

     I looked down at it in my hand and smiled.

     So know I'm back at home. I'm waiting for Anakin to get back and I can finally tell him everything that I've wanted to tell him for the last four months. I want him home so badly but he hasn't answered any of my messages. I hope he gets home soon!

                               Love, Mrs. Skywalker + 1