July 23rd, 20BBY

Dear Diary,

    I have the most amazing news!!! I'm pregnant!!! Anakin and I are going to have a baby! I'm going to be a mother!

    It all started on the way out of the Loyalist meeting. Bail and I were discussing our next move when I felt an agonizing cramp in my side...

   Bail: I've recently become close allies with an advisor of Chandrila. Her name is Mon Mothna. I'm sure you would be very interested in some of her political views.

   Me: We must have faith in the democracy we serve. I am keeping my loyalties to- *wincing in pain*

   Bail: Senator! Senator, are you okay?

   Me: Ani... *faints*

   I woke up in Bail's private ship's medical quarters. A medical droid was watching over me, "How do you feel, Senator?" the mechanical voice asked. I sat up slowly, "Fine," I squeaked. Bail entered the room and smiled, "Glad to see that you're feeling better Padme. You had me worried."

   I managed a weak smile, "What happened?" Bail excused the droid from the room and crossed his arms. "We have a lot to talk about."

   I shifted uncomfortably on the examination table...

   Me: What do you mean?

   Bail: The medical droid's analysis has confirmed that you are pregnant...

   Me: What?

   Bail: I assume you were not aware of this, were you?

   I shook my head. The news was overwhelming! But now someone

else knew my secret.

   Me: Bail, I...

   Bail: Padme, you don't have to explain yourself.

   The tone in his voice was full of dissapointment. I lowered my head.

   Me: Bail, I have to tell you something.

   Bail: I don't need an excuse Padme.

   Me: Its not an excuse. Its a secret. The baby's father is Anakin Skywalker. Anakin is my husband.

   Shock froze Bail Organa's facial features. I couldn't believe I had told him.

   Bail: Anakin? Oh my...

   Me: Bail, you have every right to be angry with me, but please, for Anakin's sake... and for my baby's sake, don't tell anyone. Please.

   Bail thought for a moment and looked at me with a quizzing stare. "I won't tell anyone. You have my word." he took my hand and kissed my cheek. "Thank you, Bail!" I whispered.

     After our conversation, Bail erased the droids previous data of my examination. I'm truly thankful that I have a friend who would keep such a deep secret.

    But I don't know how long I can hide my pregnancy. And I don't know how Anakin and I will be able to raise a child. But at the moment, I'm just overjoyed! in nine months, I will be a mother!

                                Love, Mrs. Skywalker + 1