Chapter 62 - As Sorrow Pours Down

Gangs Aren't My Style

Book I of the Black Death Trilogy

PART THREE :: Cast Your Armor Down

Chapter 62 - As Sorrow Pours Down

Ally's mind was a haze as her lips moved against Kyle's in response, sparks erupting around them. Her hands rose on instinct to thread into his hair, tugging at the edges in an attempt to pull him closer. His one hand moved to mirror her actions, wrapping around the base of her head, and the other went to her hip. His fingers brushed up under the hem of her shirt, settling on her bare skin and sending chills through her entire body.

As Kyle licked Ally's bottom lip, asking for entrance, his hand moved towards her back and went slightly higher to rub gentle circles into her skin. She knew easily when his fingers ran across the scars on her back, the skin clammy and deformed to the touch, because he pulled back from her suddenly. Her eyes flew open and she saw the mortification in his gaze.

He began to say something but all Ally saw was his mouth moving. None of his words registered as her body went numb. The chills caused by his hand morphed into a cold breeze that raised goosebumps on her arms as her mind traveled back. Suddenly, Ally was running blindly through the woods with branches snapping around her and vines entangling with her legs. She tried to move as fast as she could but her pursuer's heavy footsteps got closer every second. Only one thought ran through her mind as her arms were yanked behind her back, held tight by a single hand, and a rough hand covered her mouth to cut off her rising scream. Toby had been right, he couldn't do anything to save her from his leader. The rough gang leader with his signature leather jacket and dark clothes was not to be messed with, he was a ruthless tyrant, even to his own gang members.

The force behind her pushed her mercilessly into the ground, dirt making its way into her mouth. Ally was suddenly flipped around, her back hitting the hard Earth beneath her. She turned her head to the side, sputtering and coughing as she attempted to spit out dirt. His hand moved to hold her own hands above her head and his body weight moved to hold down her legs. By the time Ally realized what was happening, it was too late to fight back.

She screamed out in agony into the night, knowing that no one would hear her. She screamed for all the pain and defeat she was feeling inside and for her brother lying to her all those years. Lastly, Ally screamed for the boyfriend that had cheated on her, and for the man above her as he stripped her of the one thing she'd sworn to save for Kyle, the one thing she could never get back.

Then, she was suddenly in his gang's hideout with the same man standing over her, shaking in anger. "What do you mean you're pregnant!" he screamed, a vein in his forehead pounding as his hands clenched into tight fists.

Ally said nothing as her body trembled, both from fear and malnutrition. Her skin was far too pale and clammy to be healthy, ultimately from being locked inside that closet for God only knows how long, and her eyes were burning as they fought to adjust to the bright light.

A fist slammed into the wall right beside her head, making her jump and wrap her arms protectively around her stomach. It might have been sired by that man but it was still her own flesh and blood.

"It doesn't matter, I'll take care of it myself," the man hissed at Ally, his fist swinging sharply into her stomach. She tried to hunch down and protect herself from his blows but they were so furious and violent that she couldn't hold up under the brutal attack. When one of his blows landed true, a sudden and sharp pain spread through her stomach. Blood began to seep through her jeans and tears fell down her face in frenzy.

Even then, his assault didn't stop and he continued to hit her wherever he could get a blow in. Blood falling from cuts all over her body, Ally finally slumped to the ground. The gang leader kicked her sharply in the ribs several times, as if making sure there would be no chance she could survive through his beating and no longer just to kill the baby she now carried inside of her.