Chapter 6 - The Darkest Memory

Gangs Aren't My Style

Book I of the Black Death Trilogy

PART ONE: Tears Fall When You See The Truth

Chapter 6 - The Darkest Memory

The luxurious bed seemed hard beneath Ally as she sat nervously on its edge. The lights scattered throughout the room seemed too bright, piercing her eyes. The gentle breeze created by the air conditioning seemed too cold as goosebumps played tag across her skin.

In her state of nervousness and worry, Ally was unable to appreciate the ornate, grand furnishings of the master suite within which she sat waiting. Her fingers restlessly played over the expensive sheets covering the bed, requiring something to do as she awaited the imminent arrival of the beast himself, storming for revenge. Even now, the shattered remains of the lamp she had thrown at the sliding glass doors leading out onto his balcony lay strewn across the carpet, taunting her. The lightbulb that had been within the lamp, as well as its fragile glass shade, lay in pieces. Their splintered bodies were fanned out from the glass doors like rays of the sun, having flown in various directions upon impact, but not even a single crack or scratch could be seen in the pane of glass that separated Ally from the outside world and her freedom. Her captor had given her the perfect opportunity to escape, having left her alone in his room, and she had failed.

Suddenly, the foreboding sound of a key being turned in the door pervaded the room and Ally tensed in panic. The door swung open but the approaching footsteps were light, not the heavy ones she had expected from the angered criminal that had claimed her. Ally risked a glance up through her eyelashes, and released a deep sigh of relief when she noticed that it was only Elvira, the closest person she had to a friend in this new prison, and stood to her feet in order to greet her.

"I cannot stay for long," Elvira stated, her eyes nervously glancing at the door behind her as she spoke. "I have other duties to attend to but you must make sure that you have showered and changed before he returns."

Elvira pushed a change of clothing into Ally's hands, her eyes never ceasing to dance around the room.

Ally unfolded the silky cloth on the top of the pile, her eyebrows furrowing in disdain as she comprehended just what her captor had decided for her to wear. "You expect me to simply listen to his every command like a common slave and parade around before him in this?" She held up the offending nightdress in question before throwing it to the floor as if it were a leech that she was removing from her person. "I refuse to lower myself to be one of his-"

"Ally!" Elvira exclaimed, shushing the younger woman. She glanced around in worry, afraid that someone might have heard Ally's words, meaning they might make their way back to Daniil himself. "Do not anger him. Trust me when I say that the punishments are less than desirable."

Ally bit back the remainder of her complaint and reluctantly accepted the woman's advice, slowly bending to retrieve the silk nightgown from the floor with a sigh of resignation. As she began the slow march to the bathroom and then pulled the wooden door shut behind her, her heart beat uncontrollably in her chest; For Ally knew that she was no more than a toy, the prized possession of a controlling gang leader, and she was powerless to stop it.

As she stepped under the heavy stream of warm water that rained down from the shower, Ally couldn't help but realize that even that simple action displayed the control he held over her. She scowled, her fingers fisting around the bottle she held in her hand before she then irritably turned it upside down and squeezed body wash into her palm.

When she finally emerged from the bathroom, Ally nervously fingered the hem of the nightgown. She tugged on the thin material, attempting to pull it down below its natural length of mid-thigh. However, in doing so, she only resulted in pulling down the low-cut bodice as well. Growling in frustration, she released the bottom hem and pulled the revealing nightdress back up to its original position.