Chapter 7 - Commence the Lesson

Gangs Aren't My Style

Book I of the Black Death Trilogy

PART ONE: Tears Fall When You See The Truth

Chapter 7 - Commence The Lesson

It was well into the day before Daniil finally returned to his room, the only visitor within the time of his absence having been the girl who had delivered Ally her meal. In this time on her own, Ally had been left to wallow in her own anger and worry and, upon his arrival, she prepared herself for another confrontation with the beast himself. However, Daniil only spared her a fleeting glance before he disappeared into the bathroom. He left the door open and from her position on the end of the bed, Ally could hear a cabinet being opened as well as him rummaging around inside.

As Daniil came back out of the bathroom, a few various items that she could not identify held in the hand furthest away from her and thus blocked from her sight by his massive form, Ally expected him to now reprimand her for her failed escape attempt and making a mess of his room; especially since the last punishment had been for her disobedience, not the incident with the shattered lamp. However, he brought up a different subject entirely, causing her eyebrows to furrow in bewilderment.

"To begin with your transition into this role, you will be given specific tasks that must be completed. Until I feel that you can be trusted, they will be limited only to this room or while in my company." He paused, eyeing Ally expectantly as if waiting for her to acknowledge that she was listening to him. Unsure of exactly what response he wanted, she simply nodded and then released the breath she had been holding when he continued.

"You will start out as no more than a common servant but you will soon come to learn that your status as a personal slave is akin to ranking within a business; as you exhibit obedience and commendable work ethic, you will be promoted. You will find that you can live a very comfortable lifestyle here as my personal slave should you choose to accept it. Just as you are now learning, I will be the first to punish you when you disobey me but I will also be the first to reward you when you afford me the respect and subservience that I deserve."

Against her better judgement, Ally felt that familiar flare of indignation rising within her once again and she stood angrily to her feet, the soreness of her neck a constant reminder of his cruel treatment. "You're an insolent beast and I have no need for your rewards! You may be able to control others with your arrogant demands and brutal abuse but unlike them, I refuse to cower in fright! You don't have what it takes to break me."

Daniil simply smirked, advancing on her. He grabbed her chin with rough hands, forcing her head up so that her eyes met his own even as he towered a foot above her. "I don't need you to cower or even be frightened; you're virtually defenseless against me and that means it's not a matter of whether I can break you or not, but how long until I do."

Ally pulled from his grip with a growl of fury, her eyes flashing. "Never."

He slipped his arm around her waist, pulling her against the hard planes of his chest as if to prove his point when she was unable to break from his solid hold. Daniil leaned forward, his breath fanning out across the side of her neck as his lips finally came to rest beside her ear. Ally could almost feel the satisfied grin on his lips when he whispered, "Consider this the beginning of your training."

With those words, he released her and tossed a black trash bag into her unsuspecting arms. "While I enjoy a nice movie on my flatscreen TV and relax on my bed, you are going to clean up the glass that you broke and shattered across my floor when you decided to throw my lamp."

Her eyes narrowed on him as he dramatically got into his bed and pulled the covers up to his waist, relaxing into the cozy pillows that were leaned against the headboard. "Ally," he called, a smirk set on his lips once again as he noticed he had her full attention, "you may wish to be thorough because you will be slapped once for every remaining piece of glass that I spot or happen to step on."