Chapter 11

Two months later, I had finished the promo tour, had done countless interviews, and performed on several different shows. I had even taken a few trips to New York where I had some radio interviews. My album had entered the top ten in America and I couldn't believe it.

Harry had just started the promo shows for his album. It was a huge success, just like I had anticipated. He had actually played me a few songs before the release and they were amazing. I had gone to one of his shows and I was so envious of his stage presence. He was a natural. He was engaging the crowd, cracking terrible jokes, but everyone loved him. Including me.

We hadn't seen much of each other. We had talked a lot in the phone though and it seemed that phone sex was our favorite pastime at the moment. It was fun, but I missed him a lot and hoped we would soon have more time for each other.

A few days after I had returned from my last promo interview, I had a meeting with my manager and some other people from the label. I didn't know what it was about, but I hoped it was good news. I wasn't quite sure what the next step would now be. My album had topped the charts in a lot of countries, which I took as a good sign, but I was still a little unsure.

I arrived at the label where I was led into a meeting room. My manager, Jim, was already there introducing me to some people. I got a coffee and took a seat only moments before the meeting began.

"So, Zayn," Jim said. "The album is going amazing. And we have huge plans now. I didn't want to say anything before we had it all in the bag, but you'll be going on tour."

"What? Wow, really" I couldn't believe it. I hadn't even dreamed of going on tour so soon. This was a dream come true and I was ecstatic. "Where will I be going?"

"Well, it won't be a full world tour, but we booked venues in the UK, Europe, the US and Australia."

"What? Australia? They know me in Australia?" I had jumped out of my seat in excitement.

"Yes," Jim replied, chuckling. "Your album went straight to number one over there."

"Wow," was all I could manage when I threw myself back into my seat. I looked around the room and saw a lot of bemused faces. I knew I had a stupid grin on my face and couldn't wait to call Harry and the lads to tell them about this. But then a thought struck me.

"Is the album alone enough material for a whole show?" I asked, concerned. "Or do I need more?"

"Well," Jim started, but then one of the other guys interrupted him. I think his name was Michael.

"You still have some unreleased material, right?" He asked. I just nodded. "Perfect," he continued. "Take two or three of those that you might think could be good. Check with Claudia over there," he pointed at a young woman on the other end of the table. "She will be planning the lineup with you."

I smiled and nodded at her, looking forward to seeing what she thought of my ideas for the shows. I still had a lot of songs that didn't make it on the album, but that I would love to perform on stage.

"If it's not enough," Jim added, "we can think of some covers, but I think for your first tour, originals would be best."

"Don't worry, Jim," I told him with a grin. "I still have around thirty or so songs recorded that are not on the album." A gasp went around the room.

"Thiry?" Jim asked excited.

"Yeah, more or less! I was very inspired." I answered with a chuckle, thinking of Harry, our shared dream and his constant presence in my mind during the work on my album.

"Well, then," Jim said, clapping his hands together once. "Nothing to worry about." And this time a chuckle went through the room.

We went over some more details and set up meetings to start the organization of the show, getting the band prepped and rehearsing and getting other stuff done. I had been thinking a lot about what I would want a show to look like and hoped people would like my ideas. Some of the people in the meeting I would be working very closely together with. I would be planning the show with Claudia, Michael would be the tour manager and there was also a new PR guy involved as well.

Once the meeting was over, I practically ran out of the room and called Harry.

"Hey Z," I heard his beautiful voice on the other end.

"Hey baby, what are you doing?"

"Just finished an interview with a magazine that I can't for the life of me remember the name of."

I chuckled into the phone.

"I got news," I said.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I will be going on tour," I practically squealed into the phone. "It's going to be big. There will be shows all over Europe, the US and even Australia. Can you believe it?"

"Oh my god, Zayn. That is fantastic." Harry cheered. "I'm so proud of you. We have to celebrate that. With dinner or something."

I chuckled at that.

"I would love that. When will you be back in town though?"

"Uhm... hold on. Let me check what's next for me."

I waited for a moment, while he checked with his manager I assumed and hoped he would be back in London soon.

"So," Harry said. "I'll be back in London on Saturday. Would that work?"

"Perfect," I answered. "I'll make reservations and will take you out somewhere fancy."

Harry giggled at that.

"Actually I suggested it, so I should take you out," he offered.

"Nonsense," I replied. "My treat. I can't wait to see you, baby. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, Z, but I'll see you real soon. Only three more days."

I sighed.

"And until then we have the phone," he added. "Gonna send you some very special pics I made last night." His voice had dropped to a husky whisper by the end.

"Oh Haz, I can't wait to see them."

"I'll send them over later. And give me a call if you need... uhm assistance." He chuckled. That little devil knew what he was doing and I could only imagine how filthy those pictures were gonna be.

"Knowing you, I'm sure I will."

"Alright, Z, I gotta go, but I'll talk to you later. Love you!"

"Love you too, Haz!" And with that we hung up.

I hadn't seen Harry in weeks. I was getting restless, but I was also so busy that I couldn't even stop to think. The shows were now taking shape and I was both happy and anxious all at once. I knew it would only be a few more months and I would be off on tour. I would be starting with shows in smaller theaters in the UK and Ireland. Then I would be going around Europe in practically all of the major cities. Next up would be Australia, with the final leg in the States.

I tried to talk to Harry every day when possible, but he was also either in the Studio or doing promo.

Whenever we talked I just needed to tell him everything I had going on in my life. But I also wanted to hear everything he was doing. Every little detail was important and dear to me. He was enjoying the process of becoming the artist he was born to be. I just knew he would be absolutely amazing.

I often remembered the dream we shared. I remembered how he was on stage with the band, how he managed to entertain the crowds around the world. And as I have gotten to know him more and more over the last months it seemed like the dream wasn't lying about those details. It must have portrayed him in the most accurate light imaginable. Every time I thought about it, it still made me wonder how it had been possible for the both of us to have the same dream. We haven't experienced anything like that again and I also never told the lads that Harry had the same dream as I. It was just something that Harry and I wanted to keep between us.

*********************

A/N: This one is a little bit shorter, a bit of a filler, but I hope you still like it. Let me know what you think. Thank you to everyone who is reading this story!!! Love you all ;)