Chapter 1

It hurt! It hurt so much and I was so confused. I opened my eyes reluctantly and stared at the ceiling. I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I felt as if I had lost something or somebody very important. I had to look around me to remember that I was in my own bed, in my own apartment in London. I have always had a vivid imagination, but this was taking it far. It had only been a dream, but it seemed so real. So real that I felt like I had already lived a whole lifetime. The most interesting part was that I seemed to be able to recall every little detail. I felt so derailed that I called the lads to meet me in our favorite coffee shop. I needed to tell someone or I would go crazy.

I got showered and dressed quickly and made my way out of my apartment. On the way to the coffee shop I felt my mind wander. I was an up and coming musician and artist. I was just recently signed to a label and was ecstatic. I started working on my first proper album that people might actually listen to and I couldn't wait for the world to hear what I had to offer.

The day I had gone to sign the contract with the label, just trying to enter the building, I had run into somebody - or better they had run into me - that I would probably never forget. Maybe that was the reason why that person had starred in my dream so upfront and center. I only had a short exchange with him, but it felt like Harry had told me half his life story in that short time span. I assumed that was due to the reason that Harry had become very nervous after he quite literally had fallen on top of me and spilled his thankfully cold coffee down my shirt. Harry had rambled on for a good 10 minutes, while I just stared at him with a fond smile, taking in everything he said. He was one of the most gorgeous men I had ever met in my life: broad shoulders, curly hair, sparkling green eyes. His chest and arms were littered with sketchbook-like tattoos. I even could see the moth on his upper stomach due to the fact that his colorful patterned shirt was only half buttoned. His long legs were squeezed into too tight skinny jeans, and that brought my imagination to life, thinking of what it would feel like having them wrapped around my waist.

I was obsessed with him ever since that day, but even though Harry held told me so much, I had barely managed to get a word in and then the curly headed boy was gone. I remembered his name, Harry Styles, and some of the other details that had managed to make their way into my dream as well.

I shook my head as I reached for the door of the coffee shop and went inside. My mates were already there, each holding onto a coffee. And they had even one waiting for me, knowing I liked my coffee black and sweet. I threw myself into the armchair with a sigh, before taking a look around at Liam, Louis and Niall.

"What has you so riled up, Zaynie?" Louis asked immediately, instead of a greeting.

"You look exhausted," Niall pipes up. "What have you been up to last night?" All three snickered at that.

I sighed again.

"Actually, I was just sleeping!" How true that was! But I couldn't help the feeling of this having been more than that. I shook my head again.

"What did you need to tell us?" Louis asked. "Your messages sounded urgent."

"Well, it's not urgent per se," I started, ignoring Liam's 'who even says per se?'. "But how much time do you guys have?"

They looked at each other, shrugging. Which was probably supposed to mean, they didn't need to be anywhere anytime soon. So I took a deep breath and started.

"So, I had this dream..."

"You called us here to tell us about a dream?" In proper Louis fashion he had to interrupt me before I even managed to finish my first sentence. I rolled my eyes and thankfully Niall punched him in the arm.

"Let the man speak!" He scolded Louis. Liam just snickered and took a sip of his coffee.

"As I was saying," I started again, sending a pointed look towards Louis. "I had this dream last night. You were all a part of it by the way."

"Oh, kinky!" Louis interrupted again.

"LOUIS!" All three of us yelled, pulling the attention of everybody in the shop.

"Sorry," I said loudly, lifting one hand in apology and looking around the room.

"Louis, you interrupt one more time and I'll gag you!" I pointed a finger at him and he mimed closing a zipper over his lips.

"So, it started like this..."

It was the day of the X-Factor auditions in Manchester. My mum had to get me out of bed, because I didn't want to get up. When we got to the place we to wait in line for hours and I had been bored out of my mind when my eyes fell on a head full of curls. It really was the curls that I noticed first. My eyes kept drifting towards him over and over again during the long hours of the wait. I noticed more and more details about him, his green eyes, his pinks lips, his dimples. I kept thinking how pretty he was. Once we got into the building I lost sight of him and didn't know if I would see him again. But I did once I realized that he had gotten all the votes needed to move on.

I didn't get close to him until we both ended up in bootcamp. Since we both had auditioned for the boys' category we had to spend a lot of time together with all the other boys. And each time I had seen him I couldn't take my eyes off him. I had no idea what it was that I felt when I looked at him. But from the first moment I had seen his curls I had wanted to bury my hands in them and feel if they really were as soft as they looked.

The first time I looked into his green eyes, I felt my knees go weak. He held my gaze for a moment too long and I forgot how to breath. I had felt this strong urge to get closer to him. He was always surrounded by people, especially girls were absolutely mesmerized by him. And I didn't blame them. He was gorgeous and had a deadly smile.

The first time he smiled at me I felt my stomach do back flips. I had entered the room where we had our vocal coaching sessions and locked eyes with him immediately. The most beautiful smile I had ever seen spread across his face when he saw me and it took my breath away.

**************************

A/N: I know it's short, sorry about that. Just testing the waters. Let me know what you think. Thank yoooouuuuuu!!!!!!