Chapter 4

It was quiet and dark and nobody else was around due to the late hour. Harry suddenly took my hand in his and I lifted my gaze away from my shoes and towards his face. His eyes were staring straight into my soul and my breath hitched. I couldn't help but move closer to him. I saw his pupils dilate and felt his hand slightly trembling in mine.

********************

I stopped talking then. I didn't want to share what happened next with anybody. It was too personal to share with anyone else, well, unless it was Harry. I knew I probably would never see him again, but this memory, or dream - I kept forgetting - would always stay with me. I pictured it for a moment in my mind, letting it play out like a movie scene...

I lifted the hand that Harry wasn't holding and touched his cheek. He had a slight stubble, but his skin was soft and I trailed my fingers along his cheek and jaw down to his neck where I placed my hand more firmly. Harry's hands went to my waist and I could feel my heart trying to escape my chest through my throat. My breathing became very shallow and he was now so close to me that I could feel his hot breath fan across my face. I moved even closer.

"Are you sure about this?" I whispered. This could change everything between us. This was a big step.

"Shhh," was his answer. He moved his hands from my waist up my stomach and chest. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me flush against him.

"I have been waiting for this for years," he whispered while staring into my eyes. I swallowed thickly and let go of my inhibitions. I pressed my lips to his soft ones. We both groaned at the contact, both of us finally feeling some relief with the soft press of our lips against each other. I moved my head to the side a bit and licked his bottom lip. He gasped slightly and I slipped my tongue into his incredibly warm mouth.

My hand moved up his back and held on firmly to his neck, angling his head so I could plunge deeper into the hot depths of his mouth. My thought process was gone and all I could do was kiss and kiss and kiss him. I could feel the rasp of his stubble against my lips and knew he could feel mine as well. I had never felt anything like it. It was Harry that I held in my arms. And I couldn't imagine ever kissing anybody else again.

Without conscious thought I pushed him up against the wall of the hallway, our bodies flush. Harry groaned at the contact and I moved my arm around his waist and to pull him unbelievably closer to hear that sound again. He didn't disappoint and I burnt it into my memory. Our embrace was hard muscle against hard muscle and I couldn't remember anything ever feeling better than this. I was in a haze.

But suddenly I heard the elevator ding at the other end of the hallway and we jumped apart. I looked towards the elevator and the person exiting, but they luckily went in the other direction.

I turned back to Harry, who like me was still breathing heavily.

I saw his lips twitch though and then a sexy grin appeared and his eyes gleamed in the dark. I could feel a lopsided smile appear on my lips as well and I stepped a little closer to him. We didn't speak for a moment, but we both knew it was getting late.

"I..," I started, but had to clear my throat. "I suppose," I tried again. "I suppose we should get some sleep."

I looked at Harry. He was still leaning against the wall. He nodded slowly, still a small smile on his lips. I took a deep breath.

"This was..."

"Yeah!" he interrupted.

I grinned, quickly put my hands on his cheeks and leaned in, pressing a sweet little kiss to his lips.