Chapter 6

"Katsuki!" Kirishima protested. "I asked him to come! We needed food, remember?"

Bakugo pushed Midoriya a little harder into the wall. "So, fucking what." Kirishima's soothing scent wrapped around him like a warm blanket but he shook his head, trying to shake off the feeling. He didn't want to feel good, he wanted to tear his childhood rival a new one.

Midoriya looked up at him without fear, though, and it was jarring. Midoriya was always afraid of him, for as long as he remembered, making Bakugo felt like he was constantly plagued by distressed omega pheromones. Being so close to Midoriya and seeing him look up in curiosity instead of fear.... It was like Midoriya was a whole different person.

"I'm sorry for touching your alpha," Midoriya said calmly. "Kirishima is only a friend. I don't even like how he smells."

"Hey!" Kirishima complained and tried to smell himself.

"Excuse me. Please let go of Midoriya now," said a familiar voice. A new alpha scent invaded the condo.

"Hi Todoroki!" Kirishima said happily, letting him inside before shutting the door to the condo and locking it. "I knew you'd come with Midoriya."

Bakugo reluctantly let go of Midoriya, who straighten his shirt. Todoroki smelled vastly different than Kirishima and it made him unsettled. He looked at the two omegas with his usual, unreadable expression on his face. Bakugo inched closer to Kirishima, whose eyes lit up. Comforting, happy pheromones pumped out of the alpha.

"So, how's it going?" Midoriya looked at the two of them. "This is an interesting situation you have yourself in."

"Yeah, that's the problem, Deku. It's too interesting. Even after the press conference, people won't shut up about us."

"Thanks for bringing us the stuff!" Kirishima added. "Speaking of... Todoroki, want to help me put it away?" He motioned to the kitchen meaningfully, obviously wanting a word with him.

Todoroki glanced at Midoriya, then nodded, picked up some of the bags, and followed Kirishima into the other room. Bakugo and Midoriya were left alone, facing each other in awkward silence.

Finally, Midoriya spoke up. "So, how is it really going?" Bakugo looked at him sharply, meeting the smaller man's gaze dead-on. "I heard about you having your first heat. That must've been awful. You couldn't have been expecting it, unlike most omegas, who have years to prepare for it mentally. Also, your pheromones were very strong. With strong pheromones come stronger heats."

Bakugo felt like a pressure lifted off his shoulders. He sagged and rubbed his eyes, wearily. "It was horrible. There were all these scents everywhere. I felt like I was being attacked constantly. Then there was the pain. Wave after wave of pain. And on top of it, I felt gross!" His hands flung out, waving over his lower half for emphasis.

MIdoriya nodded, his eyes gentle with sympathy. "It had to be terrifying going through all of that in a strange place. Most people stay home or go somewhere they're at least familiar with."

"I wouldn't say terrifying," he lied mulishly and Midoriya smiled. "But I definitely hated it. Once I got here it was ok, though, I guess..." His face turned red as he remembered the days of his heat spent with Kirishima.

Midoriya didn't mock him, smile, or even look phased in the least. He just nodded calmly. "I'm glad that Kirishima has been a good alpha to you. Spending your heats with an alpha you trust is definitely preferable to being alone."

Bakugo looked away, embarrassed, and mumbled something unintelligible about Kirishima being an okay guy. They fell into a companionable silence that felt foreign to him, especially with Deku of all people. He folded his arms and peered at Midoriya. "So, how do you do it?"