Chapter 2

The doctor quickly hit the emergency call button on Bakugo's bed with his free hand. Mitsuki and Masaru jumped, and looked at each other in alarm. Kirishima positioned himself between Bakugo and the doctor, keeping eyes locked onto the calm older man. A moment later a couple of nurses rushed into the room and froze when they saw the glaring alpha holding the doctor's wrist. The air was thick with the scent of aggression.

Kirishima's shirt brushed against the bedrails and the angry pheromones blasting off the alpha made Bakugo's heart race in his chest. A tremor started in his core, snaking its way down his arms. "Kirishima," he panted and reached out, curling a trembling fist into the back of Kirishima's shirt.

He looked over his shoulder at Bakugo and, when the smell of fear finally registered, the anger melted from his face. He let go of the doctor's wrist to reach out to Bakugo, his eyes wide with concern. The doctor rushed to the nurses, murmuring something to them that couldn't quite reach his ears, and one of them rushed out of the room.

Kirishima gently cupped Bakugo's cheek and a warm, soothing scent enveloped him. Somewhere in the back of his mind he realized that this was an alpha's comfort scent, the scent alphas gave off to distressed mates. He'd smelled it in the past, but it felt completely different smelling it now. When you were an alpha and you smelled other alpha pheromones they only registered dimly, as if from a distance. Now the smell was everything, it was bright and high-def. Fucking technicolor when he'd lived his whole life in black and white. It was amazing and terrifying at the same time.

The pheromones rolling off Kirishima right now were the only thing that mattered for several glorious minutes and all he knew was pleasure. But as the fear subsided Bakugo found that it wasn't enough. The fire still burned under his skin.

More.

He realized he said the word out loud when Kirishima's eyes lit up with an electric intensity. He drew closer and Kirishima's natural scent mixed in with the pheromones. Sweat and deodorant and all things masculine.

Kirishima's eyelids were heavy over eyes that glowed with lust. As his head lowered Bakugo found his limbs limp as he waited and some part of his mind howled with outrage. This wasn't him. He wasn't the type to just let things happen to him. He wasn't the type of person to let himself be kissed. But still he waited, his breath quickening in anticipation.

Instead of being kissed, though, Kirishima rubbed his warm cheek against Bakugo's cheek, like a cat marking his territory. Stubble rasped against stubble. Bakugo sighed, feeling an odd mix of relief and satisfaction. Kirishima nuzzled his face, brushing his lips across Bakugo's cheek, following his jawline to his ear, and earning a shocked gasp from the blonde man as lips touched his ear. Razor sharp teeth grazed his sensitive earlobe and Bakugo grabbed a fistful of Kirishima's red hair. A low growl rumbled from Kirishima and his face lowered still. Lips traveled across the pulse point just below his ear, kissing the frantic beats. Kissing turned into licking, slow and deliberate licks that spoke of the delight only an alpha could feel from tasting his mate for the first time.

Bakugo tightened his grip in Kirishima's hair but couldn't make himself pull his head away. He panted helplessly into Kirishima's red hair. Kirishima attempted to lean harder into Bakugo, but paused and ripped his lips away for a dizzying moment. He huffed in frustration at the bedrail for daring to come between them and ripped it off the bed in one quick, jarring movement. Then he swept Bakugo into his arms, his face buried in the crook of Bakugo's neck. His breath came out in bursts as his rubbed his nose against the new omega's scent gland, invisible to the naked eye but all-consuming to the alpha.