Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Eight: Birthday Surprise

“Happy birthday,” Lucia said wrapping her arms around Lionel and gave him a kiss, she smiled as his team-mates cheered; they were having a small party to celebrate twenty-seventh birthday.

Lionel grinned holding Lucia close for a moment before he turned his attention to Maia, he fussed over the little girl; he was surprised that there was a small party going on.

“You didn’t have to do this,” Lionel said smiling at his friends, they had made sure it was a surprise when he had been content to spend the entire day relaxing with his wife and daughter.

The team were due to play against Nigeria in their final group stage match the next day and Maia would be going to Argentina to spend some time with her grandparents.

“Stop whining and blow out your candles,” Sergio said slapping his friend on the back, Lucia stepped back away from Lionel as she shifted her hold on Maia.

The four month old babbled making Lionel chuckle, he adored his daughter and was going to miss her while she was gone; however he needed time with her mother.

Lionel took a deep breath and blew out his candles, his team mates cheered as they clapped and congratulated Lionel; they were all so happy for him right now.

“What did you wish for?” Ángel di María asked grinning at Lionel, they were going to enjoy tonight as a small celebration; they still had a lot of work to do for the next stage of the world cup.

Lionel shook his head as he carefully took Maia from her mother, he flashed Lucia a small smile; she was twelve weeks pregnant now and he was thrilled that they were going to have another baby.

***

Maia yawned making Lionel chuckle shifting his hold on her, he held her close to his body as he and Lucia walked towards his hotel room to settle Maia down for an afternoon nap.

“Did you like the party?” Lucia asked as they slowly reached the hotel room, Maia would take a nap in her father’s room before she would return to the room she shared with her mother for the night.

Lionel nodded his head smiling at his wife, he had loved the surprise but he was glad that it was over; he just wanted to relax now with his family.

“Messi,” Alejandro Sabella called making Lionel groan as he turned back to look at the coach, he handed Maia over to Lucia and gave her his room key before he walked back towards Alejandro.

Lucia watched him go before she sighed and headed for his room, Maia was getting fussy and she needed to sleep; the blonde unlocked the hotel room and stepped inside.

Lucia stopped in her tracks as she stared at the woman that was in her husband’s room, she certainly hadn’t been here earlier and Lionel had been with Lucia and Maia all day.

“So what do you think?” Antonella said dropping the red satin robe that she was wearing to reveal the sexy black corset and black suspender briefs with black high heels; she had her back to the door so she couldn’t see who had come inside.

Antonella had planned it out perfectly and she was sure that Lionel would love what she had done for him; she needed Lionel back and Lucia wasn’t good enough for him.

“I think you better have one hell of an explanation for this,” Lucia said darkly glaring at the woman that wouldn’t leave her marriage alone; she couldn’t believe that Antonella thought this was okay.

Antonella jumped surprised as she grabbed her robe and wrapped it around herself, she hadn’t been expecting Lucia and had assumed that the blonde would go back to her own hotel room for the night.

“You weren’t supposed to be here,” Antonella spluttered surprised looking at Lucia, she eyed the little girl in her arms and swallowed; she was trying to pull apart a family but she was sure that it would be worth it.

Lucia stared at the woman wondering what she was thinking, the door opened and closed behind her as Lionel stepped inside.

Lionel came to a complete stop as he spotted Antonella, he blinked wondering what the hell was going on; he glanced at his wife, he had been with her all day and had nothing to do with this.

“What the hell are you doing?” Lionel demanded trying to wrap his head around what he was seeing, Antonella had broken into his hotel room and with the clear intention of seducing him.

Lucia took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself, she stepped back as Antonella shifted nervously looking between the married couple; she had never thought that Lucia would catch her like this.

“I wanted to surprise you for your birthday,” Antonella said trying to gather some courage, she could hear whispers in the corridor and it was clear that people could hear what was going on right now.

Lionel stared at Antonella, he couldn’t believe that she had thought that this would be okay; he had told her that he was happily married and he wasn’t going to leave his wife and daughter for her.

Lucia swallowed staring at Antonella, she didn’t understand why the other woman wouldn’t leave them alone; they were happily and she seemed set to ruin that for them.

“Get out,” Lionel said dangerously looking in disgust at his ex-girlfriend, he didn’t want her anywhere near him or his family; he was happy and Antonella wasn’t going to ruin that for him.

Antonella blinked shocked at the way that he had spoken for her, she nodded her head slowly as she collected her things and rushed out of the room; tears streaking down her face as she went.

Lucia took a deep breath as she heard a commotion out in the corridor, a lot of people were furious about what they had seen; no one could believe that Antonella would be that stupid.

Lionel took a couple of calming breathes before he turned to his wife and daughter, he swallowed as he carefully moved towards them and pulled them into his arms.

Lucia relaxed into Lionel’s arms as she closed her eyes, she was in shock that Antonella had done something so desperate; she had never thought that, that would happen.

“I don’t want her Lia… I want you, Maia and bump,” Lionel said as he tried to comfort his wife, he was scared that Antonella’s action would cost him his small family.

Lionel would never be able to forgive himself or his ex if Lucia left him, he didn’t think that he would be able to cope if she did so.

Lucia nodded her head, she pulled back a little and smiled at him; she trusted Lionel completely and she knew that he wanted her and the children.

“I love you,” Lucia reassured him, she could see why he was nervous and what Antonella done wasn’t going to scare her away; she loved Lionel and they had a family together.

“I love you too,” Lionel said brushing some hair from Lucia’s face, he was never going to leave her and the sooner that Antonella realised that the better.

Maia whimpered making her parents look at her, she didn’t understand why she hadn’t been put down for her nap yet.

Lionel chuckled as he took his daughter and moved to put her down, Antonella was going to have to let go of him; he had a family that he wasn’t going to allow to slip through his fingers. 

###

Author's Note:

Four chapters left xxx