Chapter 8: Their first meeting

It was still dark, Seraj was lying on his back. Drenched in the darkness and the silence of the cave. Half conscious half dreaming.

...A voice echoed his ears 'I'm Scared..'

the voice was painful. It seem to echo again and again. and he couldn't stop it.

Seraj Was almost shouting "Don't you worry, I'm here!!"  a tear fell. "Stay with me!" He cried....

The day when Seraj pass out his military service training...
The day his father died...
The day Mahmoud saved his life...
The day he met Mishkat...
All Started to appear to him like it was just yesterday.

But he remember the most. the day when his unborn child died, Along With his one and only love Mishkat. She and her baby died while giving birth. That was the day Seraj can never forget. It has affected him so much. both mentally and physically. He then recall their first meeting...

Seraj and Mishkat first met on a wedding. It was Seraj's first cousin's wedding. At embassy lodge Islamabad. It was a big event there were a lot of people gathered from all of the family.

By traditions of Muslims marriages it was the ceremony of Walima. Seraj was from the Groom's family. He was his Uncle's son. Seraj family was not very rich but his uncle was a business man in Dubai.

"Son could you please take some Photos of the bride and groom together with us." said his uncle.

"Sure," he said.

He then took photos of different guests as well. Someone called him.

"Excuse me, will you take some pictures of us too?" Said a girl.

"I'll be glad." he said.

That girl was Mishqat. She was a relative of his uncle's wife. Like she was his second cousin.

That day He can never forget. She then asked him for the pictures, and then how of a sudden they become friends. A friendship which later transformed into love.