Santa Bébé (A Bliss Short)

Ye olde author's note: As promised here's the short story. Because I love you all for continuing to read this series! This is an UNEDITED aversion. I'm currently (still) proofreading Red Ink so I can hit publish on that novella.

***Why did I think this was a good idea? I stared at the "goods" Bruna ordered specially for me

***
Why did I think this was a good idea? I stared at the "goods" Bruna ordered specially for me. Although, she said they weren't really for me but for my main man.

Never ask friends this question: what do you get a man who has everything?

That was how all this started. I had been overwhelmingly unprepared for Christmas this year. Well, to my standards at the very least. I'd managed to decorate my place, send off my presents to Mom and Maggie, who I wasn't going to see due to my hectic schedule, and buy gifts for everyone who worked for me.

All that was left was Levi.

My biggest mistake was telling Chase that I didn't know how rich he really was. Not that it mattered. But it would be good to know, wouldn't it? Well, apparently not. Chase and her wily ways did a bit of investigating and found out for me. She only presented me with numbers, nothing else. And it was a huge number! Then again, there wasn't anything small about Levi, you know what I mean? (I meant his massive ego, get your mind out of the gutter!)

It made me panic. That night I would have had gone to Levi's place for the first time, too. I had to tell him that I couldn't because my neighbor's cat was sick and I had to help.

An hour later, he had shown up at my place with the dinner he had made at his home. I felt horrible.

To make this long story short, during one of our weekly meetings at work, I blurted out, "What the hell am I going to give him for Christmas?"

They all knew that gift-giving was like a sport to me. I must and always give the perfect present. My friends and colleagues had been speechless.

"Im serious, guys." I couldn't help the whine in my voice, begging them for help.

"What did you get Jake? He's rich too," Julie asked.

"We dated after Christmas."

"But he's not Levi-rich," Chase put in.

"Well what does he like?" That came from Mateo.

"Other than her pu--" Mateo slapped Gerard's arm before he could continue. "What? I'm stating a fact. Nica, tell us, have you ever not have sex with this man?"

The warmth on my face was the telltale of my discomfort. I wasn't as open and loud as Chase. And there were things couples need not share to everyone.

"There's your answer!" Gerard told everyone.

"What do you suggest, she put a bow on herself?"

"Mateo, that's a brilliant idea!" Chase stood from her seat and hurriedly strode to me.

"I'm not going to do that." I should have learned how to cook. I could've surprised him with a sumptuous dinner. But I had my mother's genes. I couldn't forget the incident on Thanksgiving.