Chapter 9: Warn Me About What?

❤️Mac❤️

I know I need to move. Our friends will be here any tick of the clock, and the cast of Hart's Valley will get one hell of a shock if they walk in and see me stuck to my co-star like a limpet. Then, once the shock wears off, they will call me an idiot. And who could argue with them? I am an idiot. I seem determined to make the same mistake twice in a row.

Ryan's face is buried in my neck, and my arms and legs are still wrapped around him. The bench is digging into my back, but I don't want to move. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be, but that's too bad for me now, isn't it? Our quick but passionate union was a one-time-only deal.

My toes might still be tingling from the most earth-shattering sex of my life, and I might feel more connected to Ryan than I have to any other human being before, but it's over now. It doesn't matter how much I want to do it all over again. It doesn't matter how much I don't want to let him go. If I don't let him go, then he will let me go. He will break my heart—a heart that is balanced precariously on the verge of loving him.

Feeling me trying to pull away, Ryan finally untangles our bodies and steps away from me. For a second, I think he looks just as reluctant to break our connection as I feel - but I decide it's my imagination, and even if it's not, it's not something I should dwell on. I have to hold strong. This can't happen again.

I pick up my underwear and slide them back on as I glance at the clock. It's ten thirty-two.

"They're late," Ryan says to me.

"Yep," I agree, trying but failing to keep my eyes off his body as we both dress.

I almost cry with disappointment as he puts his shirt back on and covers that incredible chest of his. I feel desire tugging at me as my eyes caress his perfect male body. Crap. Can't I at least have some kind of grace period from my Ryan-induced lust now that we've just had sex in my kitchen? It seems not. Two orgasms have apparently not been anywhere near enough to satisfy the craving I have for my co-star.

I startle when Ryan comes to stand behind me so he can zip me back up. I shiver as his hand brushes against the sensitive skin on my back. When the zip reaches the top of the dress, he presses a soft kiss to the nape of my neck. The slight contact sizzles, and desire beats out a vicious rhythm inside me. I moan softly, and he slowly turns me around in his arms. My breath lodges in my throat as I take in the scorching heat in his gaze.

"We messed up, Mac. I think I want you even more now than I did before."

With that, he dips his head and claims my mouth with his. My body melts against his immediately, as if it has a mind of its own. His mouth is hot and insistent as he kisses me, as if he's trying to drive all ideas of earlier-on being a once-off from my mind. The feel of his arousal pressing against me makes it perfectly clear that he wants me just as much as before. Dear God.

❤️✨❤️✨❤️

Ryan

This is crazy. I've just had her, but one taste of her sweet lips and I'm burning up with the need to be with her all over again. I should never have agreed to her once-off idea. Surely she can see now that that decision was a mistake. There's no way we can shoot the scenes we need for Hart's Valley and keep this thing in check.

She's driving me out of my mind. I glimpsed something spectacular in her arms before, and I'm desperate to repeat the experience. Our one time was like the smallest sip of water to a man who's parched from being in the desert for too long. I tilt her head back so I can deepen our kiss, and her little moan shoots heat straight to my groin. Far out, I'm too damn hard.