Chapter 50

LAST CHAPTER OF THE FIRST BOOK!!!

Quote of the day: My heart is like a mirror. You can break it into pieces, but when you look close, you're still in it.

Emma's POV

I've been waiting for half an hour for Luke to come in. He said he got an important phone call and left the room. I'm starting to get worried. I look out the glass door and I could see mixed emotions in his eyes. One moment he was angry, the other sad, other worry... I don't know what's happening. I cringe getting the feeling that something is not right. He hangs up and stands there for a few seconds. I try to call him but I feel weakness in my voice. He runs his hands on his face showing frustration, and walks in the room.

"What's wrong?" I said lowly

"Nothing... Go to sleep, you must be tired and it's nearly 1:00 A.M."

"No, I need to know what's happening" I demand

"UGH! NOTHING! GOSH EMMA, YOU DON'T NEED TO EVERY FUCKIN DETAIL OF MY LIFE!!" He yells in frustration and my eyes start to water.

"Actually, I do. I'm carrying your fucking baby and you won't even fully commit to tell me what's going on!" I screamed back and the tears start rolling down my cheeks.

"Emma.. It's hard.. Baby don't-" He tries to explain but I cut him off.

"Save it, I don't wanna hear anything you have to say" I tell him and turn away and I hear him leaving the door and tears start rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably.

Luke's POV

Ashton calls me and I left the room to answer the call

"What?" I said the moment I answered the phone.

"Ummm... Bad news"

"What now?"

"The tour was advanced.. We're leaving tomorrow"

"B- But I can't! I have a baby on the way!"

"We already signed the contract"

"Ugh! Bye. I'm calling the manager"

*after 30 minutes of talking to the manager*

I walked in the room and Emma started so many questions that I felt frustrated. When I didn't answered them she turned her back on me and I stormed out of the room. I went to the bar and got drunk as fuck.

A few drinks later my head starts to get dizzy and the room starts to spin. I stand up from the booth and try my best to walk. I leave the bar and realized I have nowhere to sleep. I mean who wants to spends the night alone in an empty and lonely house? I head to the studio and bump into some guitars but I don't mind picking them up. I get in the recording room and make myself a bed on the floor and fall asleep.

------------------------

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing and it's Emma. I have a killer headache and I can't remember anything from last night. I push the ignore button leading her straight to voicemail. I stand up and take some aspirins. I go to my house grab take a shower, change my clothes, and grab my bags. I drive to the hospital.

When I enter Emma's room I see her sleeping. I take a notebook out of my bag and start writing. I dry the tears from my face, leave the note at the table and walk to her.

"I love you grumpy" I whisper in her ear and plant a kiss on her cheek. I walk out of the hospital room before I can regret leaving. I hope she forgives me...

Emma's POV

I wake up and find a note on the desktop. I grab it and start reading..

Hey Grumpy,