Chapter 16

Hey guys,

I'm back! Thanks for reading this chapter. I am really sorry I haven't updated for ages, I have been so busy and just haven't had as much free time as I would like. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!

Chapter 16 Ginny's POV

I looked down at the tiny baby in my arms. She was looking up at me with her big chocolate brown eyes. I couldn't help but smile at her. "She's beautiful," Harry said. "I know," I replied turning my head so I was looking up at him. He leant in and kissed me, after pulling apart he reached over and took Lily from my arms. "You look just like your mummy," he said to her. I smiled at the sight of them. They were both smiling, like father like daughter, I thought to myself.

After around 15 minutes, Lily started crying. Harry and I tried everything yet we couldn't calm her down. "I think she's hungry," I said after a few moments of thinking. "Ok, you take her and I will get a healer," Harry said. I wasn't sure how I was going to feed her. Yes, I had read some books but reading was different to doing it in real life. Moments later, Harry re-entered the room, followed by a healer. "Hello Miss Weasley. Mr Potter said that you think Lily is hungry but you're not sure how to breast feed her, is that correct?" the healer asked. I nodded, "Yes, I have read some books, but I am a little nervous," I admitted, rather embarrassed. "That's ok, it's alright to be nervous," she said with a smile. Then, the healer launched into the process of feeding before letting me try with Lily.

After Lily was fed, I had a burning desire to see Molly. "Um, excuse me?" I asked the healer nervously. "Yes Miss Weasley?" she said as she turned around to face me. "I was wondering if we could see our other daughter yet?" I asked. "Of course. Are you ok to follow me?" she asked. I nodded and passed Lily to Harry so I could stand up. When I was ready, we followed the healer out of our room into one just along the corridor. Inside the room was a cot, and laying in the cot was our daughter. "I'm sorry sweetie, mummy's sorry," I whispered to her. I turned around to face the healer, "Can I pick her up?" I asked. She nodded and after making sure we were ok, left the room. I hesitantly reached into the cot and picked up my daughter. "Lily, this is your sister Molly. Molly, this is your sister Lily," I said with a tear in my eye. "Do you want to hold her?" I asked Harry. He nodded, that was all he could do as tears were flowing from his eyes. I took Lily from him and gave him Molly. "Love you Mols," he said before kissing her forehead.

After we spent around 10 minutes with Molly, we were told it was time to go. As we were leaving I kissed her one last time before joining Harry, Lily, and the healer at the door. "Don't worry," Harry said, "My mum will look after her, so will Tonks." I smiled at his words then left the room back to my own.

As soon as Harry and I returned to our room, I wanted to put Lily in one of her baby grows. "Harry, can you pass me Lily's bag please?" I asked laying Lily down on my bed. Harry passed me Lily's bag and I opened it to find something suitable for her to wear. I pulled out a white baby grow that had a big red heart on the front. I reached into the bag to find her matching hat, and placed it on her head. Finally, I grabbed the baby blanket that was once mine and wrapped it around her before setting her back in my arms.

Round about an hour later, there was a knock on the door, and an all too familiar face popped round. "Hiya," Hermione said, "is it alright if we cone in?" I smiled, "Yeah, of course," Harry said reaching over to take Lily from my arms. After Hermione, Ron, George, Teddy, mum, and dad walked into the room. "Everyone, this is Lily, Lily Luna Potter," Harry said passing Lily to Hermione who was begging him with her eyes! "Aw, she's beautiful guys!" Hermione said. "Teddy, do you want to meet your sister?" Hermione asked crouching down with Lily and showing her to Teddy. "What's her name?" he asked me. "Lily, after daddy's mummy," I said, "Now, come over here and give mummy a big hug." Teddy came running over just as Hermione was passing Lily on to my mum. Harry lifted Teddy on to the bed and he moved over into my awaiting arms.

"Hey, Ginny?" Ron asked me when it was just him, Hermione and Teddy left. "Yes Ron?" I replied, feeding Lily. "I, um, I thought you were pregnant with twins," he said obviously unsure about what he was saying. "Ronald!" Hermione snapped. "What?" he replied. "Yes, it's true. I was pregnant with twins until Cho and Dean attacked me. One of their spells hit Molly and she died then," I said sadly. The whole room went silent. "What did you name her?" Hermione asked quietly. "Molly Hermione," Harry replied. Hermione sat in awe. "You, you named her after me?" she gasped. I giggled, "Yes, of course I did. You're my best friend," I said.

As it drew later into the evening, Ron and Hermione decided it was time to take Teddy home to bed. We said our goodbyes and they told us they would be back tomorrow. "Now Teddy, be good for Auntie Hermione, and we will see you tomorrow," I said just as they were about to leave. "Ok, I will mummy. Bye mummy, bye daddy, bye Lily," he said waving, before taking Hermione's hand and leaving the room.

A few days later Harry's POV

It had been three days since our first daughter Lily Luna was born and life couldn't be more perfect. After 3 days in St. Mungo's, Ginny and Lily were allowed to come home. It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon, and the healers have just signed us off. Ginny dressed Lily in a pink baby grow and got ready herself before deciding she was ready to go.

We walked to the St. Mungo's floo network and I flooed home first and Ginny and Lily followed shortly after. We arrived at home to find all our closest friends and family waiting for us. "Welcome home!" they all cheered. "Thanks guys," I said, bringing Ginny forward as she was standing behind me, calming a crying Lily. Everyone went back to talking, eating and drinking, all except from the Weasleys, our friends and our old professors. "What did you call her?" Neville asked us. "Lily Luna Potter," Ginny said looking down at Lily. "Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," Professor McGonogall said. "Thank you," Ginny replied looking down at our daughter. "Congrats guys, she really is beautiful," Neville said.

The party was in full swing and we were all enjoying ourselves. Lily was getting lots of attention from all of guests which isn't really surprising. Ron decided he would like to make a speech considering this was his idea. "Thanks to everyone for coming today. I know both Ginny and Harry are grateful for this. We all know why we are here - to celebrate the birth of their first child, Lily Luna Potter, and congratulate the parents on this wonderful occasion. Harry, Ginny, and baby Lily, congratulations and good luck for the future," Ron said letting everyone go back to partying. "Thanks mate, this means a lot to us," I said patting him on the back. "You're welcome Harry," he replied.

That evening, Ginny had just put Teddy to bed and I was downstairs with Lily. "Gin?" I asked her when she came into the room. "Yes?" She replied as she took our sleeping baby from my arms. "I was wondering if you would like to move in with Teddy and I?" I asked, hoping she would say yes. I looked at her and she smiled, "Of course! We have to raise Lily together, and I don't like it when we're not together," Ginny said before leaning over and kissing me. "I love you," I said to her. She smiled, "I love you too," She replied.

Hey,

I am so sorry!! I have been so busy, and I felt like I needed to update so I wasn't leaving you in the dark. I can't say how much longer this story will be, but I can't imagine it to be too much longer. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Please comment and vote.

Thanks
Erin :)