Chapter 1- The World Is Ugly, But You're Beautiful To Me.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY MEMBERS OF MCR/THEIR RELATIVES *tear* sadly..BUT, I do own the plot & Elodea and any other characters I make up! The title is from the song "The World Is Ugly" by My Chemical Romance.

7:48. I still have 22 minutes. I can get off schoolgrounds and back to my house within that time for sure.

"I'll start tomorrow, yeah, I'll be ready then." I whispered to myself.

Before I could even turn around, an adult's voice interupted my thoughts. 

"Ms. Sothabella? Is that you?"

Fuck. I've been spotted.

"Ye-yeah, I'm, I'm Elodea Sothabella." I looked up to see the principal, Mr. Plu-or-something, looking down at me.

"Hi! Welcome," he smiled down at me while gesturing towards the school behind him, "to Tree Forest High!"

Yup, Tree. Forest. High. Just, let it sink in for a moment or two. That's the name of my school. Imagine how awesome it will be when people ask me "What school do you go to?" and I reply "Tree Forest High!". Not at all. That's how awesome. It sounds like a three year old trying- and failing- to form a sentence describing the woods. 

"Oh, thank you," I said while tumbling through my thoughts to think up an excuse to get me the Hell out of this awkward situation as soon as I can "but I, uh, I gotta get to my locker so I can finish putting things in and... find my classes so I don't get lost later..." yeah, that'll work for now.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I've wasted your time. Good luck on your first day and remember if you need me you can get a pass from your teacher and come down to ask me any questions you might have anytime throughout the school year!" he energetically spat out.

"Okay, thank you. Bye." I scurried away before he could say anything else and ran into the school.

Holy. Hallways. There was still 20 minutes until school even started and the hallways were FLOODED with teenagers. I almost had an anxiety attack on the spot. I quickly shoved my way past people and ran off to find my locker.

I'm glad I got away from Mr.P as quick as I could because it took me 10 minutes to find my locker, which is in a dark hallway, far from any of my classes, and 7 minutes to find my first class, leaving me 3 minutes to spare.

When I walked into my first period class (Spanish 1), there were 6 kids already sitting down by each other. I quietly headed towards the back of the class on the other side, avoiding getting mixed in with any of those chavs.

Well, now would be a good time to explain myself, I guess. I have raven curly hair that goes down to the end of my stomach and dark brown eyes and an average skin tone. I'm also a 5' twig. I only had one real friend, Marie, from my old school. But I was happy that way. Many people have a lot of friends but they are not even close to being as true of a friend as Marie was. I didn't realize how grateful I should've been for Marie until the day I was leaving while she silently waved to me from just outside my car window. Since I was moving from Illinois to New Jersey, Marie and I were both aware that because of our families' amount of money, we would rarely see each other. Marie and I never fought, had all the same outlooks on society and life, and were into all the same things. We were both the "punk" kids who liked that genre of music and other bands that kids of my generation didn't appreciate, and we did what we wanted, wore what we wanted, and said what we wanted. Which is why we didn't have any other friends. Apparantly, in this world, having an opinion is looked down upon. Everyone should all like the same brain-washing pop music, that masks the reality of just how ugly this world is, and should all stray away from the music that rips off that mask and reveals the truth on society. Yeah....makes sense, right? 

The bell rang and I looked around to see that the classroom was now filled, including the seat to the front and right of me, and that the teacher was now walking in.

"Hola, clase!" she screamed, way too loud for this time of day.

"Hola..." kids muttered back to her, obviously thinking the same as me.

"We have a new estudiante today!" she looked over at me and gestured for me to come up to the front of the room. 

I was really regretting picking that seat in the back now.

I walked past everyone's desks and made my way next to the teacher.

"Hola! I'm Senora Jabob!" Jabob? Where the Hell was the lady's family from?

"Hi, I'm Elodea." I spoke, barely above a whisper, back to her.

"Everyone, say 'Hello!' to Elodea!" Senore Jabob shouted to the class.

"Hello Elodea..." some students muttered while burning holes into me with their eyes, obviously judging me on my black knee-length skirt, chuck taylor's high tops, and blink 182 t-shirt.

"Elodea, you can go sit back down now." Senora Jabob turned to face the board.

"Okay, thank you." I ran back to my seat and randomly sketched for the rest of the hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

end of hour

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was walking out the door, someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned around and saw the boy that sat next to me in Spanish. 

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked the boy.

"Oh, I was.... just thinking...maybe you wanted someone to show you around? Oh, and I love Blink 182." He pointed down to my shirt.

A fellow lover of good music? Maybe I WILL make some friends here, after all..

"Yeah, that'd be great! And they're awesome." I replied, excitedly. Hey, it's not everyday I meet someone coming up to ME and wanting to be my friend.

"I'm Mikey, by the way." the boy said. He had sandy brown hair that came down to his eyebrows and rectangular glasses. He was a lanky sort of boy and was around 6 inches taller than me.

"I'm Elodea." I smiled up at him. He smiled back as we walked off to my second period class, Algebra, that we both happened to be in together.

WOOOHOOOOO, FIRST MCR FAN-FICTION/STORY ON WATTPAD! I'm stoked. Yes, I just used the word "stoked", because that's how stoked I am. I would LOVE feedback and I'm not too sure where I'm going with this story because I have a lot of different ideas for it so tell me if I should continue it or not! Oh, and SPOILER ALERT, no matter what, this will be a romance! (;