Chapter thirteen

_____________________________

Authors note:

This is a short chapter, and it isn't exciting at all. I needed a transitioning chapter, so the next one wouldn't just jump right into it.

_______________________________

Chapter 13

Tammy and Ronnie both had their knapsacks slung over their shoulders. They were definitely trying to show off their stuff, to all the passing men. I wasn’t surprised at all; it was a habit of theirs.

“So where are we headed?” Asked Tammy, excitedly. To be honest, I had no idea. I was planning on heading to the places Frankie would mention when he was drunk. They were farther down than the city, much farther.

I figured he would put my mother in one of those places, but there was no way I could no for sure.

“To the alphine Plains.” I told Tammy, and he expression immediately turned annoyed. Ronnie on the other hand kept walking, looking content.

“That’s so far!” She exclaimed stopping in the middle of the sidewalk. I knew it was far, but we had a lot of money. We could catch a bus, or even a taxi.

“We could take a taxi, of course!” I told her, looking happily into her eyes. They softened down a bit, and I knew she would reason with me.

“Fine, fine.”

She strolled towards the edge of the street, whistling at each taxi that went by. I realized that Ronnie had sat herself down on a bench. She seemed a little odd to me, considering how quiet she was. Yet, when she was prostituting, she was the most confident girl in the world.

Finally Tammy had caught us a cab, and we headed to our first desination.