Chapter five

Chapter 5

"Baby, I have to call the cops." Said Barbara stroking my hair. I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Yes, I know." I gave her a light smile, and I think that made Lacey and her mother feel a little bit better.

As Barbara got up and dialed the cops, Lacey scooted closer to me.

"I’mso glad we decided to do this. You're going to be safe now." She looked truly happy.

I hugged her tightly and looked up into her eyes.

Then, the best thing in the entire world happened to me.

A long, passionate kiss happened between us. I felt sparks light up my whole body, and I knew that I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life.

The cops rang the doorbell, sending a slight shiver up my spine. Barbara hurried to the door, and spoke briefly with the police. 

Eventually, they turned to walk towards Lacey and me.

"Which one of you is Jayden?" Asked one of the men. He was tall, yet not very buff. Behind him was a group of two other men. One was African, and the other was extremely buff.

"I am,” I answered softly, making sure to not create eye contact.

He sat down next to me, and spoke calmly. 

"We are going to get you out of that house, and take your step father to Court." He told me.

Suddenly, I felt this urge of hatred.

"I hate him." I blurted out.

"I promise, we will put you in the best foster family we can find." He put his hand on my knee. I shook it off remembering the terrible memory of Frankie.

"Foster family?" I asked, confused.

"We have no other choice." He sounded sorry, and got up to walk out the door.

"You can’t put me in one of those!" I screamed as they made their way out the door, to arrest Frankie.

Barbara brought me a glass of water as Lacey hugged me tight. I wept until my eyes hurt from crying.

"I can’t be put into a foster family." I cried harder.

"I’m so sorry sweetheart." Answered Barbara, looking apologetic.

Lacey got even closer and whispered something in my ear.

"I'll never let that happen to you Jay. I love you too much."