Chapter two

Chapter 2

"Attention whore decided to come to school today?" said Ali, giggling with her little posse of know it alls.  I looked down and sped through the hallway. 

I had to admit; I was a little bit of a whore. But in no way did I want to seek attention. I slept around, I hate to admit, but I needed something to keep my mind off of Frankie. 

A bunch of 11th grade jocks slowly walked by me. They whistled and made snide remarks as they walked by.

"Loving dat ass" said one the guys, smiling.

"Fuck off." I said slamming my locker and pushing my way through them.

"Aw baby, why leave so soon?" They all laughed with each other as I wept quietly to myself.

Why would I want to hide my body, though? I wasn't ready to live life walking flat-footed. That’s way too safe. 

I wasn’t too big on the whole friend thing. I was more of a quiet person. I did have one close friend though, that I could go to for anything. She was like me because she slept around also.

"Lacey!" I shouted from across the hall, drawing all eyes on me. 

"Jayden! There you are!" Lacey shouted, hurrying up to me.

"Hey, I was looking for you." I smiled at her, looking her up and down.

"What?" she blushed, and pushed her hair behind her ears.

"Decided to start shopping at 'we only sell shirts that resemble bras"?" We both laughed and walked off.

"How’s your mom?" She asked, and I could tell she was hesitant.

"She's...she's trying to manage." I softened my voice.

"How are you doing?" She stopped and turned to face me.

"I’m fine." My voice got tense and she could tell it was a complete lie.

"You could always come stay with-"

"No." I interrupted. "I can’t leave my mom like that. Not with that monster."

I could tell she was trying to understand, but I knew she couldn't. 

"I just want you to be okay," she started to cry.

I hugged her tightly, and felt something that I couldn't wrap my head around. A feeling that I hadn't felt with any boy I have ever been with before.

I think I might be in love with Lacey.

It was the sort of feeling, where I was begginning to question my sexuality. I've never had anything again homosexuals, but I would have never considered myself to be one.

"Are you okay?" She asked me. "You seem redder than usual."

"Yes, yes of course. I’m fine." I lied to her. I hated lying to her, but that moment made me feel extra sorry about lying.

I wanted to tell her what I had just felt for her, but I couldn't lose the one and only friend I had at the moment. 

"Good." She nudged me. "Whore." She said, jokingly.

"Your dead, slut!" I screamed while making a gun with my hands and pointing it at her head. 

"Save me, save me!" She screamed while running down the hallway.

I jumped on her back, and we were laughing so hard that we were almost crying. 

We hugged once again, and I knew it for a fact.

Wow, I think I really am a lesbian. 

I adjusted my books in my arms and we walked onto class. I took a peak at her from the corner of my eye.

And I'm definitely okay with that.