Chapter fourteen

Chapter 14

My foot hit the ground and I was as nervous as ever. I didn’t know why, but I had this feeling that my mothers body would be at these sights.

Frankie would always come home, screaming about how he would take women to the Alphine Plains. I wasn’t sure why, but those memories haunted me the most.

“Well here we are.” Said Ronnie, pointing towards the minimal people that were there.

It was so beautiful here, it was almost perfect. There were acres and acres of green grass. It stretched as far back as we could see. The sky met with the ground forming perfect scenery, blue skies and green grass.

It was the perfect place to hide a body. There was so much room to hide one, it would almost be impossible to find.

“Where do we start?” Asked Tammy excitedly, heading for the plains.

We didn’t have shovels, or anything to dig with.

“We can’t just start digging out of nowhere.” Added Ronnie, and she was right.

“We need a plan.” I said, and Tammy sighed.

“I guess so.”

We all sat down next to a family, having a picnic.

“If something was dug up, its obviously not going to look like the rest of the plains.” Ronnie said, full of good ideas today.

“So we just walk around, looking for something that looks different from the rest?” Tammy asked, giving Ronnie a little attitude.

“Pretty much.” She said, yet none of us moved.

“Come on!” I shouted, and we all hopped up heading out to the plains.

We all started to sprint, laughing along the way. The air was warm, but felt cold as it blew in our faces. It smelled of pines, and freshly mowed lawn.

I looked around, but I hadn’t seen anything that looked different from the rest of the grass. I looked over at Ronnie and Tammy, to see both of their smiling faces. They were searching the ground, as we were running.

I could see that we were getting tired, but none of us stopped.

“See anything?” I yelled over to both of them.

They both shook their heads and we all skidded to a stop.

“That was so fun!” Screamed Tammy, plopping herself onto the ground.

Ronnie and I nodded, sitting down to.

I soon started to remember why we were really here. I was positive that Frankie didn’t put my mother here. He is much more clever than that, I should have seen it sooner. That’s when I started to get really sad, and Ronnie could see it.

“There’s a lot more to search here.” Said Ronnie, standing up again.

We weren’t able to see the families anymore, so I knew we were far.

“How far can a drunk person go without passing out?” I asked, having doubt in this search.

“I don’t know I’ve never been drunk.” Said Ronnie, frowning.

Tammy smiled immediately, and I knew exactly what she was about to say.

“Than lets get drunk tonight.”