Chapter sixteen

Chapter 16

When I woke up, my head was pounding so much that it could explode. I sat up but immediately fell back over. My stomach hurt so badly even though I tried numerous positions to get comfortable.

I looked next to me to find Ronnie passed out next to me, still in all of her clothes. Her hair was a wreck, and it looked as if she had thrown up last night.

Yep, she definitely did. The motel room smelled like puke, and that made me even more nauseous than I already was.

I finally forced myself to get up, though I immediately fell flat on my face.  Everything was fuzzy through my eyes, and I couldn’t even stand up straight.

How does Frankie do this all the time?

I went to reach for a glass and noticed some writing on my hand. It was a cellphone number with the name Riley written on top.

That’s when I started to remember everything last night. She was the beautiful girl with her hair on fire. I was definitely going to call her up later.

I sat myself down at the table across from our bed, and laid my head down on my arms.

*       *       *

“Wake up! Wake up,” Yelled Ronnie, shaking me.

I looked up, my eyes feeling droopy. She looked even worse than what she looked like in the bed. Her hair was wavy, up in a high ponytail. She had on a baggy T-shirt and she wasn’t wearing any pants.

“What happened to you?” I asked her, rubbing my eyes.

“It’s called a hangover, stupid.” She pulled up a chair next to me while taking a sip of my water.

“Oh. Last night was so fun.” I told her, regretting that I drank though.

She didn’t reply, but instead she grabbed my hand. She made one of those childish noises, and smiled.

“Who’s this?” She asked, excitedly.

“Her name is Riley. I met her last night.” I jerked my hand away.

“What about Lacey? Can I have her now?”

Oh my god. I completely forgot about Lacey when I was talking to Riley. I hadn’t seen Lacey in a while, but my love for her couldn’t possibly be fading…could it?

“Oh, right. Lacey.” I sounded nervous, and of course Ronnie picked up on that straight away.

“I’ll take that as a no.” She brought my glass to the sink in our almost-kitchen.

“Ronnie, I completely forgot about Lacey when I met Riley.” I wanted to cry, but nothing would come out.

“Maybe you aren’t really in love with Lacey.” She told me, scrubbing the cup.

I immediately turned around with anger, but not towards Ronnie. I was angry with myself most of all.

“That can’t be right.”

“Why not? People fall in and out of love all the time.” She dried the cup, and sat back down again.

“I guess you’re right.” I sighed, hoping that it wasn’t true.

“Where’s Tammy?” I asked, remembering that she wasn’t here.

“Good question, I’ll call her.”

While Ronnie spoke on the phone with Tammy, I worried a lot. I wanted to be in love with Lacey so badly, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I completely forgot about her when I was talking to Riley.

“She’s walking back.” Ronnie said, snapping her phone shut.

I smiled, and quickly turned away from her.

I needed to call Riley, right away.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Team Riley or Team Lacey?

COMMENT BELOW<3