Chapter 27: Be Truthful

(Third Person's POV)

Wilbur and (Y/n) traveled through time to follow Leo a second time using the Time Tracker. They went into the past a couple of days after Wilbur had first taken (Y/n) to his time period. They landed in front of WC corp's lair and were sure Leo and the blue time machine were inside.

After activating camouflage mode, Wilbur and (Y/n) got out of the red time machine and snuck to the old building that led down to the lair.

"How do we get inside?" (Y/n) asked.

Wilbur looked to his left and noticed a box-like compartment near the building and knew it had a travel tube inside. (Y/n) had a thought about what they were doing and got an idea that was easier than tracking the guy down and trying to stop every move he made. She figured they could go back to when Leo killed Wilbur's family and stop him then. That way they wouldn't have to do what they were doing at that very moment.

She forgot, though, when Wilbur led her to the tube where they traveled into a small, dark room that was inside the underground lair. The room was only for the travel tube, so it was small.

Wilbur opened the door in front of them and tried walking out with (Y/n).
"This way."

(Y/n) glanced behind them and hastily grabbed his forearm.
"Wilbur, wait," she said quietly. She had noticed Karen walking along the hall towards them, fidgeting with something on her belt.

Wilbur saw what she saw and so they both stepped back in the room to hide. They tried to make sure not to get too close to the travel tube to avoid being sucked up.

As they waited, they kept their ears to the door to listen to Karen's footsteps in hopes she would go past them. Another set of footsteps was heard running in their direction and then stopped in front of the door.

"Karen. A.I.R. sent me to get you. John Hills followed you back here from the past," the guard said.

"And how do you know that?" Karen asked irritatedly.

"I was outside. I saw in the distance someone land in a time machine nearby and run inside our headquarters. It was him!"

Karen squinted her eyes in thought, then held out her hand.
"Well, why haven't you stopped him, you moron?!? What weapon do you have on you?"

The guard pulled a gadget from his belt.
"An E.D.A.T.H. ray," Karen snatched the weapon and checked to discern if it was full. "But it won't kill him-"

"I know that but at least it will stop him from taking his daughter!" Karen put it on her belt. "Get that (Y/n) girl and put her in our interrogation room. Let John find her. I'll be there to catch him."

"What if he figures out we made a trap for him?"

The two kept talking. Wilbur spoke quietly.
"She doesn't have a very nice vibe, does she?"

(Y/n)'s eyebrows raised. She shook her head at him and shrugged.

"... don't let him out of the prison cell and don't take your eyes off him! He planned to stop us from the very beginning and I don't think his intentions will change."

Karen and the guard then left together. After waiting for a short time, Wilbur opened the door carefully and looked out to make sure it was safe to leave.

"The area is now secure, let's go."

Wilbur kept his arm over (Y/n) just in case (for the first couple of minutes at least). They walked through the halls for a long time.

Unintentionally they caught up with Karen, who had just shot John with the E.D.A.T.H. ray and walked inside the very same room (Y/n) was kept in many days ago (where John told her she was really his daughter). The hall that Wilbur and (Y/n) where walking down split at the end. To the right was the interrogation room where Karen was, and to the left, the hall continued.