Chapter 4: To... The FUTURE!

(Your POV)

A bubble formed around us, and the last thing I knew, we were in the future! I couldn't believe my eyes. The buildings were so different, and transportation was unique too. I giggled as I watched people floating around in bubbles or popping out of tubes. I didn't realize that Wilbur was smiling at my every gesture.
"Welcome to the year 2037," he said pridefully.

"Wow, Wilbur! This place is AMAZING! I love this! And I never want to leave. Oh my goodness, your so lucky to live here!!!" I exclaimed in one breath.

He just laughed and stopped the time machine. Turning his chair to face me, he said,
"Yup, this place is pretty cool, isn't it?" He took a look at my cheek and frowned. "What's- um...?"

I knew what he was asking, so I touched the spot gently and answered his question.
"Oh, from my foster mom..."

"Wait, you're an orphan?"

"Yeah, my parents died a while back. I had a dog too, but I never found (him/her) after the incident. I was taken to a foster home near my own, where nice people took care of me. But I couldn't say with them forever, so I had to find another pair of foster parents. I moved in with a new couple, who were pretty far from my old home. It turns out they were the worst people ever imagined. Real abusive, so I was able to move into the orphanage. So, yeah, I am an orphan..."

"Oh, that's intense. I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. I'm okay now," I reassured him.

"Well, like my dad would say, all you need is to keep-"

"Moving forward," I finished, smiling warmly.

Wilbur smiled sweetly at me and winked. He turned around quickly and started the engine.
"So, shall we finish the grand tour?" he finally asked.

I smiled and nodded my head.
"Yes, please."

And with that, we started flying again, but at that moment, the engine started acting up. Smoke filled the time machine, making us both cough viciously. The machine stopped working and began to fall. No matter what Wilbur did, he couldn't get to fly.

We both screamed as it spun in circles downward. I started to feel faint from the amount of smoke filling my lungs. A few feet above the ground, Wilbur quickly took hold of me and held me close to protect me. We hit the ground with a crash. The impact made the top pop open, causing both of us to fall out. Wilbur and I went flying in opposite directions. The last thing I saw was Wilbur run up to me, and then I blacked out.

~~~

(Wilbur's POV)

I grabbed (Y/n), holding her tightly. I wasn't sure if we would still be alive or not. But I wanted to make sure she was safe since I was the one who got her in the time machine in the first place. Once the time machine hit the ground, the top popped open, and it flew both of us out. I painfully landed on my stomach.
'Where's (Y/n)???'
I shot up, ignoring all pain I felt, and looked frantically around for her. She was at the bottom of the hill, staggering to get up. She fell before I could help her.
"(Y/n)? Oh no, are you okay? I'm sorry! A-are you hurt?"

She looked up at me before shutting her eyes.

'Oh no, this is bad! And if my family finds out about this, they are literally going to kill me!'
I placed my hands on the sides of my head, desperately looking around for help. Gladly I saw our house not too far away.

Sighing with a small amount of relief, I picked up (Y/n) bridal style. I moved some stranded hair behind her ear, then carried her to our house.
"Carl! Let me in! HURRY!"