Chapter 17: Tricky Tricky

(Third Person POV)

"(Y/N)!" Lewis screamed.

The boys were horrified watching (Y/n) be lifted into the air and thrown across the sky. Her screams faded as she disappeared from view, and Wilbur searched for who was responsible in a fit of rage.

A man with dark blonde hair and a mustache laughed and pointed at the sky where (Y/n) had gone. He was wearing zero-point energy gloves, so at once, Wilbur recognized him as the culprit.

As he ran to seize him, Karen came up and threw a large brick at his head. Wilbur hit the ground and winced, touching his temple and looking up at her.

Lewis rushed to him. They rose and glared at the woman.

"Karen!" Wilbur clenched his fists and stood firmly.

"You become more vulnerable to your own weaknesses when you're distressed. This makes it easier for us to get rid of you," Karen said, cackling.

"I'm not vulnerable!" Wilbur shouted.

Karen scoffed.
"Oh, I wouldn't have guessed."

The earth gave another horrible shake. Everybody toppled over except Karen, who seemed unfazed by her surroundings.

It stopped. Karen snapped her fingers and smiled deceivingly.
"As I was saying..."

One of the guards stood up and messed with his watch until a hologram popped out of it. There was a blue dot that was moving towards an address on a map.

"Seems (Y/n) is flying over in the direction of your house," said Karen.

Wilbur's eyes widened.
"What?!"

"Better catch her before she dies."

Wilbur furrowed his brows and jogged to the flying car.

"Wilbur! Where are you going?" Lewis asked.

"We have to save (Y/n)!" Wilbur answered, starting the engine. He grabbed Lewis's forearm and forced him into the car. "Come on!"

"Wait!!!"

Wilbur remained silent and activated the speed boost. He slammed his foot on the gas pedal.

"Bye-bye, little Robinson," Karen said with a wave; an evil smirk curled on her face.

"WILBUR! STOP THIS CAR RIGHT NOW!" Lewis shouted.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Karen isn't telling the truth! Don't you get it; she is trying to mess with your mind to get you away from the Magneto Beam!" Lewis exclaimed, grabbing the wheel as best he could under the speed.

"Stop it!"

The boys began to push and shove each other as they fought. The wheel was jerked in all directions so that the car started swerving in many contortions. Eventually, the game of tug-a-war ended when they crashed through a skyscraper and ruined the engine.

"Lewis!!! Look what you did!" Wilbur shouted.

They screamed as the car bounced onto the ground outside the city and ended with a slide in front of the Robinsons' gate. Smoke puffed out of the engine, as well as twitching bits of electricity.

Moaning, the two kids pushed themselves up slowly. Wilbur held his spinning head, then widened his eyes when he noticed where they landed.
"(Y/n)! We have to find her!" he said, beginning to call out for her.

A soft voice answered.
"Wilbur?"

He heard the voice and stood higher.
"(Y/n)?!" A fuzzy silhouette that looked like his friend stood in the distance. He noticed her and hopped out of the vehicle. "(Y/N)!"