Chapter 2: Normal Day? Part 2

(Your POV)

I walked inside and found Goob and Lewis's room. I plopped myself on the bed and closed my eyes. I felt a buzz come from my backpack. I sat up and took out my phone.

Franny: Hey, (Y/n)! Watcha up to?

You: Oh, nothing much. I'm staying overnight with Lewis and Micheal. Is something on your mind?

Franny: Nope.

Franny: ...

Franny: :)

You: ... Okay, what is it?

Franny: ... I think I have a crush on somebody...

You: For real? Who?

Franny: Mr. Kid Genius

You: Lewis???

Franny: <3 Yup. I had to tell SOMEONE. Anyway, I'm gonna get back to rehearsing with my frogs. I'll text you soon!

I turned off my phone. 'I think Lewis is supposed to marry her. It's kinda funny that she has a crush on him.' I thought to myself. At that moment, Lewis walked in.
"Hey (Y/n)! I got something to tell you."

"Same here. I have a question to ask you," I replied.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Didn't you say you are going to marry Franny?"

He gave a small smile and raised a brow.
"Why?"

"Just asking."

I plopped myself back on the bed just as Micheal- Goob- walked in.
"Lewis, did you tell (Y/n) the news?"

"No, but I was about to."

"(Y/n), we talked to Mildred, and you can live here at the orphanage until you get adopted," Goob finally said.

I shot up.
"What?"

"Mildred has explained everything to the authorities; they don't have custody of you anymore," Lewis said.

"Yes! YES! Finally, I don't have to deal with them anymore!" I squeezed them both in a hug, which they gladly returned.

"Of course, I won't be here long.. Lucille and Bud are taking me home tomorrow morning," Lewis said.

"And I am getting adopted to," said Goob.

I stopped hugging them and pulled away. My two close friends are leaving? Who am I going to talk to while they are gone? I looked at the floor and sighed.

"Will you come and visit?" I asked quietly.

Lewis smiled brightly and replied,
"Of course. What about you, Goob?"

We both turned to him, he thought for a minute.
"Well, I am going to live far away. But I can try and come by every once in a while,"
I smiled at them both.

"Thanks, guys! You're the best! So, where will I be staying?"

"Oh, Mildred said you could stay here since we are both getting adopted. We won't need this room anymore," Lewis replied.

"Well, when can I move in? I don't have a whole lot of stuff, so-"

"You can move in here as soon as possible! We will be glad to have you here (Y/n)!" I was cut off by Mildred, who had just walked in.

I grinned and ran to give her a big hug.

"Oh my!" she exclaimed, chuckling. "Someone's happy to be here! I hope you enjoy staying with us. I'm sure you will find a wonderful family!" Mildred said.