Chapter 13: Let the Truth Be Told?

(Third Person POV)

"Carl, I going to search for Wilbur and (Y/n)! It's very late, and we haven't seen them since lunch; I want them safe," Franny said, heading to the front of the house.

"Wait, no!" Carl exclaimed.

Franny looked at him only after she opened the front door and got a whiff of the air outside. Her eyebrows raised, and she fell to her knees. Carl extended his arm and shut the door, then ran to Franny to help her.

"What happened?!" Laszlo gasped, flying towards them with his flight pack.

"It's the air... its toxicity levels have risen too high! Everyone must stay inside!" Carl stated. Laszlo helped carry Franny inside and placed her on a couch.

She slowly looked up at Carl.
"Carl... please, find the kids..." she said weakly before passing out.

Eventually, the rest of the family came into the living room and began to grow worried.
"What's going on over here?" asked Petunia with her familiar high-pitched voice.

"Franny's out cold!" said Grandpa Bud.

"What going on?" Gaston asked Carl.

"Oh, dear! Is she going to be alright?" Lucille chimed in.

"I saw on the news that we'll all die if we step outside!" said Petunia.

"What? Is that true?!" asked Aunt Billie.

Carl started feeling overwhelmed and was freaking out inside. It was indeed another family crisis.
"I don't know! I don't know what to do! WE ARE ALL STUCK IN HERE!" he shouted, putting his fists on the top of his head.

Lazlo managed to get everyone to be quiet.
"Everybody! Let's get a hold of ourselves! Wilbur is a smart kid, and he can keep himself and (Y/n) out of danger until we find them and bring them back."

"And who are you expecting to go get them?!" Tallulah asked.

He turned to Carl.
"Carl, you are the only one who can go outside without getting affecting by the radiation. We'll wait here until you find them."

Everyone looked at Carl, who crossed his arms in realization.
"Huh... your right. I can't believe that slipped my mind..."

"Go ahead and bring Wilbur and (Y/n) and back home. We'll be alright!" Lucille said reassuringly.

Carl went outside, but not before activating the steel cover on the Robinson house. It covered the home entirely with a metal shield, top to bottom. He extended his legs and walked towards the city.

"Where are you, little buddy?"

Meanwhile...

(Your POV)

I groaned, feeling that my arms were tied up. I opened my eyes and tried to move, but I couldn't. My arms and legs were tied to a chair with ropes, and I had no idea where I was, but I knew that it would not be good for me.

Noticing that I was sitting directly across a door, I tried to scoot my chair towards it. I ended up falling on my side and squishing my arm. Wiggling, I desperately tried to get free.

I growled frustratedly at myself.
'Yay, this is so great! If I die, it's all thanks to you, Wilbur Robinson, for taking me to this time period. I feel so welcomed, so wonderful, so happy...'

After several minutes of being in that position, the door opened.

I looked at the man in surprise; it was my foster dad.
"... John?"