Reinette and a Magic Door

the Tardis materialised on a spaceship with a bunch of little bits and pieces thrown about the area.

Mickey grinned stepping out of the TARDIS, "It's a spaceship. Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go."

"It looks kind of abandoned. Anyone on board?" Rose asked me while stepping out to stand next to Mickey.

Shaking my head i shrugged, "Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. Well, not that dangerous. You know what, I'll just have a quick scan, in case there's anything dangerous."

"So, what's the date? How far we gone?" Rose continued.

"About three thousand years into your future, give or take." The doctor informed her, flicking a switch on a console, part of the ceiling changed to show the stars.

"Fifty first century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey. Two and a half galaxies." I told him happily.

Rose grinned at him, standing next to Mickey as they gazed out at the stars, "Mickey Smith, meet the universe. See anything you like?"

Mickey looked up at the stars shocked, "It's so realistic!"

"Dear me, had some cowboys in here. Got a ton of repair work going on. Now that's odd. Look at that. All the warp engines are going. Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe, but we're not moving. So where's all that power going?" The Doctor asked, mainly talking to himself, ending the sentence with a sniff.

Rose looked around confused, "Where'd all the crew go?"

"Good question. No life readings on board." The Doctor said,

Rose continued, "Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag."

"No, I've checked all the smoking pods. Can you smell that?" I asked.

Rose nodded, "Yeah, someone's cooking."

Mickey smiled a bit, "Sunday roast, definitely." The Doctor used the control panel to open a door behind us. We looked through a literal fireplace into another room.

I smiled, "Well, there's something you don't see in your average spaceship. Eighteenth century. French. Nice mantle. Not a hologram. It's not even a reproduction. This actually is an eighteenth century French fireplace. Double sided. There's another room through there."

Rose looked out of a porthole in the same wall. "There can't be. That's the outer hull of the ship. Look." She said pointing outside.

"Hello." I said as a young girl with long blonde hair knelt in front of the fireplace in a nightgown.

"Hello." She replied kindly.

"What's your name?" I asked her as the Doctor, Mickey, and Rose knelt beside or behind me.

"Reinette." She answered.

"Reinette, that's a lovely name." She smiled at the compliment, "Can you tell me where you are at the moment, Reinette?"

"In my bedroom." She said a little confused.

"And where's your bedroom? Where do you live, Reinette?" The Doctor asked this time.

"Paris, of course."

"Paris, right!" The Doctor added with a nod.

"Monsieur, what are you doing in my fireplace?"

"Oh, it's just a routine fire check." The Doctor said like the lame person he is.

"There's really a dragon on the loose." I told her smilng. Placing a finger to my lips like telling her to shush. "Can you tell me what year it is?"

"Of course I can. Seventeen hundred and twenty seven." Reinette said looking at us as if we were insane.

"Right, lovely. One of my favourites. August is rubbish though. Stay indoors. Okay, that's all for now. Thanks for your help. Hope you enjoy the rest of the fire. Night, night." The Doctor said, closing the fireplace as i waved. 

Reinette smiled, "Goodnight Monsieur." She called before she was gone.

"You said this was the fifty first century." Mickey exclaimed when it was closed.

"I also said this ship was generating enough power to punch a hole in the universe. I think we just found the hole. Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink." I explained for the Doctor, who was the one that Mickey was talking to.

Mickey frowned, "What's that?"

"No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say magic door." I said smiling.

"And on the other side of the magic door is France in 1727?" Rose clarified.

"Well, she was speaking French. Right period French, too." The Doctor answered.

Mickey looked startled, "She was speaking English, I heard her." Rolling my eyes at his stupidity i told him the obvious.

"That's the Tardis. Translates for you."

"Even French?" Mickey questioned and i nodded my head slowly.

"Yeahhhhhh." Mickey frowned but shut up.

The Doctor let a grin slide across his face as he pulled a lever on the wall yelling, "Gotcha!"

"Doctor!" Rose called worried as the wall spun, and he disappeared. I rolled my eyes as he winked, before linking my mind with his.

I couldn't see exactly what was happening, but i caught glimpses since we were in different times. A young sleeping Reinette woke with a start.... A broken clock continued to tick, even though the resonance was to large.... he bent down to look under her bed and my heart lept into my throat. As he activated his sonic i finally spoke, though to him it was muffled, 'Idiot!' He was about to turn it off when something smacked it out of his hand.... a 'french man' with a smiling mask that i got irratated at because the image wasnt clear.... how Reinette was 'incomplete'.... something about how the Doctor is its nightmare.... he came spinning back through the wall, with an android stuck into it. "Not again!" I yelled, grabbing a fire extinguisher and quickly spraying the android.

When it momentarily froze in place i smirked, twirling the fire extinguished in my hand, while resting the other on my hip.

"Doctor!" Rose yelled and i sighed, no offense but does that girl EVER shut up!?

Mickey smiled, "Excellent. Ice gun."

"Fire extinguisher." I corrected, smiling at his shocked face.

"Where did that thing come from?" Rose asked, walking to stand next to the Doctor, as i walked to his other side, all of us staring at the android.

"Here." He muttered.

"So why is it dressed like that?" Mickey questioned. I know i lived with humans for a while, but i never thought they could be THIS thick.

"Field trip to France. Some kind of basic camouflage protocol. Nice needlework, shame about the face." I said with a sigh, taking off the mask to reveal clockwork.

The Doctor and i both grinned, though it was him who spoke first, and of course, once he started i had no choice but to stay silent. "Oh, you are beautiful! No, really, you are. You're gorgeous! Look at that. Space age clockwork, I love it. I've got chills! Listen, seriously, I mean this from the heart, and, by the way, count those, it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you. But that won't stop me." As he finished, raising his sonic, the androis beamed away.

"Short range teleport. Can't have got far. Could still be on board." I explained to the stunned Mickey and Rose.

"What is it?" Rose asked and i smiled, looking again at the clockwork.

"Don't go looking for it!" The Doctor yelled, bounding over to where the fireplace wall was.

"Where're you going?" I called after him, already knowing the answer.

"Back in a sec." He replied, causing me to role my eyes.

"See you in a few days!" I smiled, waving excitedly before he disappeared around the spinning wall.

Rose and i each grabbed a fire extinguisher, sharing a smile and Mickey spoke, "He said not to look for it."

"Yeah, he did." Rose agreed.

"He's not in charge here. If anyone, it's me now." I said holding my chin high before laughing a bit. Mickey went to grab another extinguisher but slouched down when he saw there were none left.

When i tossed him mine he eagerly caught it.

"Now you're getting it." I told him with a wink.

A/n Hey hey. So i know this chapter is pretty short, but i haven't uploaded in a while, and since i reached 3,000 reads (THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH) i decided i should. So thank you all again, i can't thank you enough! I have been pretty busy with school and stuff so i'll buy myself a little time.

For the next chapter (A certain somethign happens with madame de pompador and the doctor that Ari doesnt like....  That probably just ruined it....)

ten votes.
four comments.

Is that to much to ask? Comment if you think it is haha. Please though, i would greatly appreciate it.

~Blue Jay