Sarah Jane and Krillitane

I hate you. I thought as the Doctor walked in, making sure he was reading my mind as i thought it. Do you really need to be wearing your.... 'brainy specks?'

No you don't. and yes. Was his reply as i crossed my arms over my chest and slouched down in my seat. Mickey had told us about some spaceship thing around here, and strange things happening at the school. The Doctor was hired as a physics teacher, Rose as a lunch lady, and of course, he made me be one of the students. I have to admit though.... the uniform was flattering.

"Good morning, class. Are we sitting comfortably?" He asked as he wrote the word 'Physics' on the board.

You have really crappy hand writing. I commented as he turned back to us.

"So, physics. Physics, eh? Physics. Physics. Physics! Physics. Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics. I hope one of you is getting all this down. Okay let's see what you know. Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?" He leaned back on the desk and looked over the class. My hand shot up.

A young boy next to me with glasses raised his hand. " Yes, er, what's your name?" The Doctor asked ignoring me.

"Milo." He answered.

"Milo! Off you go."

"They'd repel each other because thay have the same charge."

I smiled at the correct answer and commented to the Doctor, This is childs play, ask a real question and see if they can answer. He threw me a smile before continuing.

"Correctamundo! A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two. I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this. How do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?" I smiled and both Milo and my hands shot up. Every one else in the class looked bored and were either sleeping, or drawing. "Someone else. No? Okay, Milo, go for it." He told him, again completely ignoring me.

"Measure the current and PDs in an ammeter and a voltmeter." I raised my eyebrows. That was pretty impressive.

"Two to Milo. Right then, Milo, tell me this. True or false. The greater the dampening of the system, the quicker it loses energy to its surroundings. "

"False."

"Milo," I began, "What is non-coding DNA?"

"DNA that doesn't code for a protein."

"Sixty five thousand nine hundred and eighty three times five?" The Doctor asked, confident that this time he wouldn't be able to answer.

Milo answered, "Three hundred and twenty nine thousand nine hundred and fifteen."

"How do you travel faster than light?" i asked.

"By opening a quantum tunnel with an FTL factor of thirty six point seven recurring." It was the Doctors turn to have his jaw fall open.

----

I grinned as Rose dumped some sloppy stuff onto my tray that i held out. "Shut up Ari." My smile turned to an angry frown as i glared at her.

"Do not call me that." I growled.

"Watch it with the eyes." She warned.

"Shit. My eyes are different colors aren't they?" She nodded. "Damn, i don't know what it is about that name, i just can't stand it." I shook my head. "Anyways, just be glad you weren't forced to wear this." I said gesturing to my outfit. "Guys won't stop staring at me." I slapped the Doctors arm, "Including this one."