Chapter 7:

Chapter 7

Valentina's POV:

The next few days went by in a blur. I couldn't get my thoughts away from what happened in the nursery. Conner had threatened me. Threatened me. Nobody had ever done that before. Not even Tyler.

I finally realized how simple my life had been for me until now. I had never met a challenge before. My life had been safe, interesting and, most of all, controlled. Until now, of course.

Well, in some way my life was still controlled, only not by myself. Conner seemed to have every single detail about my day covered up. Someone Conner trusted, (usually Will, Ethan, or sometimes even Ryan), followed me to every class, just in case someone would try to do anything harmful towards me.

I didn't see the point. I could defend myself, after all. I just hated violence. And besides, no sane person would try to touch me after what happened to the big werewolf dude, also known as Fredrik.

I was way to shaken up after the scene with Conner to leave the room for a while, but Will had told me everything that happened.

According to Will, Conner had let his wolf take completely over, something that could happen if a werewolf was angry enough. He had shifted in the middle of the Pack house, and on his way out he had met a very unfortunate Fredrik.

Fredrik was still unable to leave his bed, even though he had the werewolf ability to heal faster than humans.

~

"You should really come, Val," Rosalie said excited. EVERYTHING Rosalie did or said was enthusiastic. I guess it was some way to handle the energy I had realized came with being a werewolf. Everybody had a different way of expressing their energy, and Rosalie used hers to be constant excited about everything. Either that, or she was just an extremely optimistic person.

I finally realized that everyone around the table was staring at me, even Conner. Conner and I had ignored each other, (with various luck), for the past few days, and if we had to acknowledge each other, it was usually with a cold politeness.

"Yeah of course" I answered on autopilot, before I realized that I might get myself into trouble. What if agreed to something stupid like... A party? I really, really wasn't in a party mood.

"Really? You would come?" Rosalie asked, if possible even more excited than before. Damn. Now the damaged was done. I just couldn't disappoint Rosalie. She had become the closest thing I got to a friend in this wolf house.

"Sure..." I assured her. "If you would just repeat the part where you explain what I'm coming to!"

Will, Ethan and Conner sighed in unison, while some of the girls around the table giggled. Rosalie looked a bit offended for a moment, before she got back to her usual bright self.

"It's a moon festival, silly" she explained. "On honor of the moon goddess! We're gonna stay out in the forest all night, and play games and stuff. I really don't get what it has to do with the moon goddess, but I guess it just sounds nicer with "Moon festival" than "Get-drunk-in-the-woods festival!" It's a tradition, by the way, so you're obliged to go anyway!"

I frowned a bit. It really didn't sound like my kind of thing, but I agreed to go anyway, as long as it started after twilight. I had avoided the sun as much as possible the last few days, but it was impossible to stay completely out of the sunshine all day. I had gotten some serious headache, and in History class the teacher had refused to make use of the curtains. At the end of the lesson I had been close to throwing up, but I hadn't told anyone. A bit too creepy, if you ask me.