Chapter 4:

Chapter 4:

Conner's POV:

I usually didn't feel very excited about walking through my own house, but today I made an exception. Not by choice, of course. My emotions and my wolf just took completely over, and made me think about anything but what mattered. This mate thing was really distracting!

My parents and my brother had left to do gods know what the moment we arrived, and it left me with showing Valentina around. Not that I complained!

I was, however, brought out of my thoughts, when I got attacked by my second and third in command.  Okay, attacked might be a bit strong word for it, but what else are you supposed to call it when your two best friends jump on you, and nails you to the ground?

Usually I would have foreseen it, and dodged them, but I was way too distracted at the moment. Luckily Will and Ethan got so surprised by actually succeeding, that I managed to get up without to many difficulties. I was about to yell at them as best as I could, but one glare on Valentina told me that it wouldn't be a good idea. She looked at me second and third like they had just tried to murder us both. She obviously wasn't used to the pack's way of behaving. Shit.

"Valentina, I want you to meet Will and Ethan" I said, and pointed towards one of the time. "Will, Ethan, this is Valentina, my newly found-"

"It's not Valentine's day yet, Conner. It isn't until February," Ethan interrupted, before I could finish my sentence.

I was kind of shocked for a second. He didn't just say that, did he? One sideways glare on my (clearly pissed of) mate, told me that he had. Who the fuck insults people by their name, anyway? It was just mean. I couldn't help but to growl at Ethan. My wolf was seriously angry. Nobody was allowed to hurt my mate.

"Hey, Conner, you looked as though he had just insulted your ma-..." Will trailed of when he looked from Valentina, to me, and back again. "Oh god" he whispered, while his mouth hang open. Ethan still didn't seem to get the point. You could say it was a reason for why Will, and not Ethan, was my beta.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Valentina" Will said, before he bowed his head slightly. He obviously knew how to pay his respects. It took Ethan a few more awkward seconds to understand the situation. When his brain finally had put the pieces together, he got pale as a corpse.

"I-I'm so s-sorry, Valentina" He stuttered, while he tried to not look at me.  "I didn't know" he continued, while he gave her pleading look. "Can you please forgive me?"

"Laughing at someone's name is not very nice" she replied. Her voice was calm as still water. It confused me. Usually people who got offended that way yelled at their insulter, or tried to kill them. At least that was what I would have done. Heck, I wanted to kill Ethan myself for insulting my mate, but I calmed myself down. I didn't want to scare Valentina, either.

"I won't do it again!" Ethan promised. He was obviously relived that she didn't attack him.

"Not to anyone" she agreed, and smiled at him. I couldn't believe how easily she forgave him. Ethan ad Will was obviously surprised as well, but they didn't comment it.

~

"Congratulations, dude!" Ethan said, using our mind link. We were on our way through the house, and Valentina seemed to observe everything. It wasn't many werewolves here, (it was the middle of the day, after all), but she seemed a bit nervous every time someone got close. I couldn't blame her. I would've been nervous too, if I had been in her situation.

"Yeah" I answered, and looked at my beautiful girl. "And stop calling me dude," I added.

"She sure is one hot chi-..." Ethan stopped once he saw my murderous glare. "I mean, she seems to be a good mate" he mumbled.