Chapter 15:

Okay. If the last scene in this chapter makes you uncomfortable, just skip it. You'll still be able to understand the plot. 

Chapter 15:

Valentina’s POV:

War was a pretty simple word. Only three letters. And yet the word has caused so much pain. I have always known that I would witness a lot of wars, considering that my life was eternal. It’s human nature to fight in wars, after all. I never expected it to be werewolf nature, though, and I certainly didn’t expect to be dragged into a war myself.

“If we place group 5 here, then they can make way for group 2 and 3,” Conner proposed, and pointed down at the map. Conner had turned his office into a war council lately, and right now he was discussing tactics with Ethan and Will. I? I was just standing there awkwardly, without any idea what was going on.

“No, that would leave Group 4 totally unprotected,” Will answered, and drew a hand through his already messed up hair.

“Damn,” Conner cussed, and looked down at the map again. “What if we place Group 4 closer to the river?” he asked, and pointed at a blue line on the map. I’d never really learned to read maps, but I was pretty sure blue meant water.

“Then Group 1 won’t get through, and we’re back to the start,” Ethan replied, and tried to hide a yawn. Nobody could blame him for being tired. He had been patrolling all night.

Conner looked frustrated, but didn’t do anything outrageous. He was slowly getting better at controlling his temper. Slowly.

“Can’t you just get one Group to cause a distraction, and then let the rest of the pack break through together?” I asked. I knew that I probably wouldn’t be helping, but I was getting tired of watching them in their endless discussion.

“That would leave the pack unprotected,” Conner explained. “The children and the elders can’t protect themselves!”

I thought about it. It had to be a solution. It was always a way out, after all. “What if they aren’t in the pack area?” I asked, a smile slowly spreading on my lips.

Conner blinked a couple of times in confusion. “What do you mean? Where else would they be?”

I frowned slightly at him. “Well, maybe it’s time for your pack to meet my family?”

It was troublesome to ship of half a pack without being too obvious about it, but we managed. It had taken some time to convince my father to let a hundred werewolves into his territory, but I could be quite manipulating when I needed to. He couldn’t refuse his baby daughter, after all.

Once the pack members who weren’t fighters had gone, things started to get serious. Conner made a few more inspiring speeches, and Will and Ethan were trying to make everybody remember the plan. The night before the attack, Conner finally started worrying about me. I guess I should have seen it coming.

“Why didn’t you leave with the others?” Conner asked for the thousandth time. He was starting to get really annoying. He was worse than my brother, and that’s kind of hard to do.

“Maybe I didn’t wanna leave you?” I said, and glared at him over his desk. I could swear that he hadn’t left this office once since the day he declared war.

“Well, that’s cute, but your safe being is more important,” he replied. “I’ll get someone to drive you home to your family until this is over.”

I crossed my arms defiantly. “Sorry Con, but that’s not going to happen.”

He frowned at me. “This is not a discussion, Val. You are going away, whether you like it or not.”

I bit my lip, and glared at him. I couldn’t leave. Not without him. Maybe the mate bond was interfering with my thoughts, but I honestly didn’t care. I needed to be with him, but how could I convince Conner to let me stay? An idea was beginning to take form in my head. It was manipulating, but right now I didn’t care.

“Fine,” I sighed, pretending like I was yielding. “But only if you help me pack some stuff.”

“I’m at war, and you want me to help you pack stuff?” he asked.

“Come on, Conner. I’m going away, and might never see you again! You can at least grant me this!”

He seemed to consider it for a moment, before he nodded. “Okay, but only for a few minutes. I have a war to plan, you know.”

Conner sat on my bed, while I filled my biggest handbag with a lot of unnecessary stuff. I had a whole wardrobe at home, after all, but Conner had obviously forgotten. The poor boy had way too much in his head.

“I’m finished packing,” I announced, and sat down at my bed beside him. The mattress wasn’t quite as soft as the one I had home, but it had still granted me a lot of good sleep.

“Okay. I’ll tell your escort that you’re ready to leave,” he said, and tried to stand up.

I pulled him back, and wrapped my arms around him. “I’m not ready to leave, Conner,” I whispered, in my most seductive voice. I’m not sure I succeeded, but I could feel Conner tensing up anyway.

“What do you mean, Val?” he asked, and turned his head towards me. His eyes were filled with distress and worry, as they had been the last couple of days, but also something different. Lust.

“This,” I said, and pressed my lips against his.

The kiss was intense, and probably our best one yet. His lips felt warm against mine, but I didn’t mind. Vampires were always cold, so I might just need someone who could turn up the heat.

I opened my mouth slightly, and Conner grabbed the opportunity without hesitations. Meanwhile I placed my hands on his back, and pulled him closer. I probably pulled too much, because suddenly I was lying on my back with Conner on top of me.

This seemed to wake Conner up from his daze, and he pulled away. “We should probably quit now, while the game is still good. I’m not sure I can stop if we take it any further.”

I sat up, and looked him straight into his eyes. “Maybe I don’t wanna stop,” I said, and tilted my head.

Conner narrowed his eyes. “Are you sure…”

I placed my lips on his, effectively cutting him off. “Completely sure,” I assured him, before we continued our kiss. Something was stirring inside of me, something I had never felt before. It wasn’t like bloodlust, it was… deeper. More intense, like a hurricane was building up inside my body.

I started to unbutton Conner’s shirt, but I quickly discovered that it was easier said than done. The buttons were incredibly small, and they didn’t wanna cooperate. Conner didn’t exactly make things easier, either. He distracted me with placing kisses on my neck, and I just wanted to lie down, and let him do all the job. I struggled with the buttons for another minute, before I got impatient, and simply ripped his shirt off instead. I would just have to buy him a new one someday.

“Aggressive, are we?” he asked, before he pulled my shirt of. Needless to say, he was way more elegant than I was.

I hesitated for a short moment, before I unzipped my bra, and pulled of my jeans and panties. Conner observed my whole body, and I couldn’t help but to smile of the look in his eyes. He looked at me for another moment, before I pulled of his own jeans.

“And you are sure you’re ready for this?” he asked, before he started to kiss my neck again, continuing where he had left off.

“Ready,” I whispered.

Needless to say, I didn’t leave for my home that night. 

-

OH MY GOD. This is the most awkward thing I have ever written. I'm still blushing from writing that part... I didn't reread the last part either, because I would probably have deleted it all, out of shame.

I REALLY didn't know what I was writing about, btw. So, yeah. It probaby sucked... cx